Sour Grapes
Alex just got back from a trip to Florida that he won through Workplace. When he first left, I was a little jealous because I couldn't miss 4 days of work to go with him, despite the fact that it would have been payed for. Then he called me to tell me how awesome his room was and how he spent a day playing golf. I'm all for awesome hotel rooms, but really, how much time do you spend in the room? And I don't play golf, so whatever. Not a crisis. The next day, he called to tell me that when he came back to his room after another day of golf and a massage (a slight tinge of green here), there was a Lobstergram gift certificate waiting for him in his room. Still- not totally jealous because I'll be eating half that meal, if not more because TheBoy is not a fan of seafood. And he said we can get it for our first dinner in our new place when we eventually move in together. Sweet.
So then on his final night, I give him a call around 10:30 because I'm ready to go to sleep, and he answers and I hear all this noise in the background and all I can hear is him yelling, "I just had the most amazing dinner ever! I'm getting ready to go out with some guys! I'll talk to you later!"
Pft. Well, at least he was having a good time, even if I was feeling somewhat forgotten. (Jess? Who is Jess?)
And THEN I go to pick him up at the airport, and he comes out of the terminal with a tan in March, gloating about the 20" flat panel TV that is going to be sent to his house courtesy of Workplace, and that amazing dinner he had and how it was like 10 courses and included a cotton candy machine on every table, and how he ended up at a Victoria's Secret fashion show after-party where he met Nick Cannon and spilled his drink on Mario Andretti, and did I mention He Had a Tan in March?!
But I'm not jealous.
*****
Kid-Bit
Somehow got onto the discussion of Jessica being a girl's name but Jesse being a boy's, eventhough you can also call a girl Jessie. With an i-e.
SWNSS: Did anyone ever call YOU Jesse?
Me: Only my 5th grade teacher, but she spelled it with an i-e.
SWNSS (who, let me remind you, is 8): SHE CALLED YOU JESSE!!! YOU'RE A SHIM!!!!!
So then on his final night, I give him a call around 10:30 because I'm ready to go to sleep, and he answers and I hear all this noise in the background and all I can hear is him yelling, "I just had the most amazing dinner ever! I'm getting ready to go out with some guys! I'll talk to you later!"
Pft. Well, at least he was having a good time, even if I was feeling somewhat forgotten. (Jess? Who is Jess?)
And THEN I go to pick him up at the airport, and he comes out of the terminal with a tan in March, gloating about the 20" flat panel TV that is going to be sent to his house courtesy of Workplace, and that amazing dinner he had and how it was like 10 courses and included a cotton candy machine on every table, and how he ended up at a Victoria's Secret fashion show after-party where he met Nick Cannon and spilled his drink on Mario Andretti, and did I mention He Had a Tan in March?!
But I'm not jealous.
*****
Kid-Bit
Somehow got onto the discussion of Jessica being a girl's name but Jesse being a boy's, eventhough you can also call a girl Jessie. With an i-e.
SWNSS: Did anyone ever call YOU Jesse?
Me: Only my 5th grade teacher, but she spelled it with an i-e.
SWNSS (who, let me remind you, is 8): SHE CALLED YOU JESSE!!! YOU'RE A SHIM!!!!!


2 Comments:
jeebus, where in Florida did he go?? That sounds like an amazing trip - though, made much more crappy without you there, of course...i'm sure he was crying at night... or something else that showed how lonely he was. I'm sure...
Also, student with no social skills is hysterical.
ok, i just have to say, you did waaaaay better than i ever would. i must admit i would have been a pouter and whiner from the beginning. i think you should call in sick for four days and go play to make up for your sacrificing!
and i can.not.stand.it. when i phone my man and he's playing with the boys and having so much fun and can't spend five minutes talking to me. GAH. but i digress... enjoy the Loberstergram, it sounds divine.
Post a Comment
<< Home