Away and Home
I spent Friday through Sunday in Florida. Ahhhh... 3 glorious days that included sun, the ocean, the "Largest Tiki Bar In Ft. Lauderdale!!!" and even a wedding. I finally got to meet TheBoy's two best friends (and I am still amazed that they are normal and non-frattish). Oh, and I came home with a sunburn that is so severe I cannot wear pants to work because ohgodThePain!!! I told my aide she is on her own if we have any major behavior problems, because although I enjoy a "take-down" every once in awhile, I'm not so confident I could do so in a skirt. See also: peeling skin in hair looking like nasty dandruff.
*****
They have taken the listing for OUR house off the real estate website, and although that means there is very little that can go wrong from here, and we'll be in the house a month from today, I miss watching the Virtual Tour and imagining all the rooms with my own paint colors and furniture. I paid the $5 to join Behr.com, because you can upload pictures of your room, and then use their paint tool to color in. So far, it is amazingly slow and frequently leads to browser shutdowns, but that could just be because my computer is now about 3-4 years old and therefore a senior citizen.
My landlord and I have been talking about getting together for drinks since I started renting the place, and it has just never happened. She emailed me last week so we could try again for a date, and I had to email her back a "yes, I'd love to hang out, and also will I still get my security deposit back if I break the lease?" type email. I feel really bad because I like her a lot. Almost to the point that I was just going to continue paying for the month I want to leave early, but I think Alex would have my head.
So, I haven't heard back from her yet, but that was just yesterday. Perhaps she had to go home and discuss it with her husband... Or maybe she needs time to figure out how to get away with the Perfect Murder. Either way, I am anxious.
*****
They have taken the listing for OUR house off the real estate website, and although that means there is very little that can go wrong from here, and we'll be in the house a month from today, I miss watching the Virtual Tour and imagining all the rooms with my own paint colors and furniture. I paid the $5 to join Behr.com, because you can upload pictures of your room, and then use their paint tool to color in. So far, it is amazingly slow and frequently leads to browser shutdowns, but that could just be because my computer is now about 3-4 years old and therefore a senior citizen.
My landlord and I have been talking about getting together for drinks since I started renting the place, and it has just never happened. She emailed me last week so we could try again for a date, and I had to email her back a "yes, I'd love to hang out, and also will I still get my security deposit back if I break the lease?" type email. I feel really bad because I like her a lot. Almost to the point that I was just going to continue paying for the month I want to leave early, but I think Alex would have my head.
So, I haven't heard back from her yet, but that was just yesterday. Perhaps she had to go home and discuss it with her husband... Or maybe she needs time to figure out how to get away with the Perfect Murder. Either way, I am anxious.


3 Comments:
Oh jealous of your little trip to Florida. Although not of your sunburn. Ouch!
And I'm still so excited for you and the house. You are going to have so much fun.
oh so jealous of you buying a house. i would love to be doing that right now. sigh...
yay for new houses! yay for sunny vacations!
we are thinking about spending some time in florida in july. :) but i am the queen of sunblock (as evidenced by my usual glow-in-the-dark skin- much to jm's chagrin), so hopefully we'll be okay.
can't wait to see before and after pics of your new place!
Post a Comment
<< Home