It Never Ends
Okay, so I was awakened by the doorbell at 10 o'clock yesterday morning, and I'm pretty sure it was the exterminator (a service covered by the association fee, I imagine, since I've never paid for it), and I was too embarassed by the disgusting state of my apartment to let him in. I was too embarassed by dirtyness that might attract bugs to let in a guy to keep bugs out!!!
This is where Mom To The Rescue happened.
A quick call to Mom, and I had a free take-out lunch and someone in my apartment to go through my piles and piles and piles of mail and papers while supervising a kitchen-living room straightening.
This got me on a roll (with mayo and pickles, har har) and I went crazy. I dusted ceiling fan blades, I pulled the knobs off the stove to wipe behind them, I vacuumed the couch cushins! Then, I went to Target and spent about $200* on sundry items to help the cause-- bins to contain the things under my kitchen and bathroom counters, a broom because although the Swiffer is good in the bathroom, it ain't no match for the kitchen floor's crumbs-- and that's actually only about $20 worth of apartmenty cleaning things. The rest of the $200 was on other stuff... a rainjacket, a flexible turner, some black shoes for work, a bedside lamp to match the one I have... whatever. The point is, I went to Target to get cleaning stuff, and when I got it home, I used it!
On the agenda for today: vacuum rug, wash floor, laundry.
Heh. Yeah right.
* Have you ever gone into a Target and spent less than $200? That tends to be my average, even if I just walked in for toilet paper...
This is where Mom To The Rescue happened.
A quick call to Mom, and I had a free take-out lunch and someone in my apartment to go through my piles and piles and piles of mail and papers while supervising a kitchen-living room straightening.
This got me on a roll (with mayo and pickles, har har) and I went crazy. I dusted ceiling fan blades, I pulled the knobs off the stove to wipe behind them, I vacuumed the couch cushins! Then, I went to Target and spent about $200* on sundry items to help the cause-- bins to contain the things under my kitchen and bathroom counters, a broom because although the Swiffer is good in the bathroom, it ain't no match for the kitchen floor's crumbs-- and that's actually only about $20 worth of apartmenty cleaning things. The rest of the $200 was on other stuff... a rainjacket, a flexible turner, some black shoes for work, a bedside lamp to match the one I have... whatever. The point is, I went to Target to get cleaning stuff, and when I got it home, I used it!
On the agenda for today: vacuum rug, wash floor, laundry.
Heh. Yeah right.
* Have you ever gone into a Target and spent less than $200? That tends to be my average, even if I just walked in for toilet paper...
Labels: Slob


1 Comments:
wowee! i'm VERY impressed!
i did a mad-rush tidy job last week when i found out my aunt and cousin were driving through and needed a place to crash. it feels SO good!
however, i've also decided to share the goodness with others, so i called my friend's cleaning lady to make an appointment. haha
Post a Comment
<< Home