Spring Fever
I'm not exactly sure if Spring Fever refers to being indoors during the winter freezes and longing for warmer weather, or if it means that once it starts to get warm people get the urge to clean (or is that the point of the phrase "spring cleaning?") and hump like bunnies, but today's 50ยบ weather allowed me to open the windows and air out my apartment and I actually did do some cleaning, and if truth be told, Alex is coming over soon and I could go for some... uh, well nevermind.
*****
I decided to purge my fridge of leftovers and old food last night, and once again, I filled up two tall kitchen trash bags with something like 5 styrofoam containers, 3 half-filled cartons of milk, bags and bags of brown, yet pre-washed, pre-cut vegetables, etc., etc. When the only thing left in there was a few beers and the lightbulb, I figured it was time to go grocery shopping.
This week I am going to cook a couple meals and store them portioned in containers so that when I come home from work, all I have to do is pop them in the microwave. I'm hoping this will contribute to my Weight Watchers efforts.
Sidenote: This would be the fourth time in my life that I've joined, not including times I've attempted to count Points while not paying out the ass for meetings. See also: South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Just Eat Sensibly Diet. And also: A diet book that had an ad in Teen Magazine, for which my 13-year-old self sent $12 in cash and quarters with the ripped-out orderform. Basically, it told you to douse half of every meal with salt until it was inedible, thereby cutting down your calorie consumption.
I'm trying a weird-looking but easy recipe, and I'll let you know how it goes. I like chicken, and I like ketchup, and I like diet Coke... and those are the only 3 ingredients. Like I said, weird but easy.
*****
A makeup heads-up: I bought Cover Girl LashExact mascara today and I looove it. I used to use Maybelline Full 'n Soft, which I also loved, but I recently read an article in Cosmo that suggested wiping your mascara brush on a tissue instead of on the side of the tube, and so I gave it a try and really liked the results. My lashes weren't totally full, but that's okay because they looked long and un-clumpy and fresh. The LashExact gives me the same turn-out, but because of its weird rubbery brush, I don't even have to wipe it at all, and I get that same look. I suppose if you want more volume, you can try the VolumeExact, but I stuck with the regular Lash Exact because it was 50% off and I NEEDED to save that $3.
*****
I recently rediscovered my U2: The Best of 1980-1990 CD, and can't stop listening. I don't think I appreciated it fully when I bought it (a friend convinced me to make the purchase a few years ago), but I'm all about it now.
*****
Remember my New Years Resolution to read a book a month? Yeah... I've been reading the book Perfume: The Story of a Murderer since the second week in January. I just can't seem to get through it, which is a shame because it's a good story. This is an embarassing confession, but I think it has too many words. Perhaps I should try it again during spring break when I don't have so much thinking to do, and switch to something more fluffy for now.
*****
I totally know the difference between it's and its, your and you're, and who's and whose, but sometimes when I'm typing out my blog entries I fail to pick the correct one. That's annoying.
*****
I decided to purge my fridge of leftovers and old food last night, and once again, I filled up two tall kitchen trash bags with something like 5 styrofoam containers, 3 half-filled cartons of milk, bags and bags of brown, yet pre-washed, pre-cut vegetables, etc., etc. When the only thing left in there was a few beers and the lightbulb, I figured it was time to go grocery shopping.
This week I am going to cook a couple meals and store them portioned in containers so that when I come home from work, all I have to do is pop them in the microwave. I'm hoping this will contribute to my Weight Watchers efforts.
Sidenote: This would be the fourth time in my life that I've joined, not including times I've attempted to count Points while not paying out the ass for meetings. See also: South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Just Eat Sensibly Diet. And also: A diet book that had an ad in Teen Magazine, for which my 13-year-old self sent $12 in cash and quarters with the ripped-out orderform. Basically, it told you to douse half of every meal with salt until it was inedible, thereby cutting down your calorie consumption.
I'm trying a weird-looking but easy recipe, and I'll let you know how it goes. I like chicken, and I like ketchup, and I like diet Coke... and those are the only 3 ingredients. Like I said, weird but easy.
*****
A makeup heads-up: I bought Cover Girl LashExact mascara today and I looove it. I used to use Maybelline Full 'n Soft, which I also loved, but I recently read an article in Cosmo that suggested wiping your mascara brush on a tissue instead of on the side of the tube, and so I gave it a try and really liked the results. My lashes weren't totally full, but that's okay because they looked long and un-clumpy and fresh. The LashExact gives me the same turn-out, but because of its weird rubbery brush, I don't even have to wipe it at all, and I get that same look. I suppose if you want more volume, you can try the VolumeExact, but I stuck with the regular Lash Exact because it was 50% off and I NEEDED to save that $3.
*****
I recently rediscovered my U2: The Best of 1980-1990 CD, and can't stop listening. I don't think I appreciated it fully when I bought it (a friend convinced me to make the purchase a few years ago), but I'm all about it now.
*****
Remember my New Years Resolution to read a book a month? Yeah... I've been reading the book Perfume: The Story of a Murderer since the second week in January. I just can't seem to get through it, which is a shame because it's a good story. This is an embarassing confession, but I think it has too many words. Perhaps I should try it again during spring break when I don't have so much thinking to do, and switch to something more fluffy for now.
*****
I totally know the difference between it's and its, your and you're, and who's and whose, but sometimes when I'm typing out my blog entries I fail to pick the correct one. That's annoying.


4 Comments:
Sorry no styling advice. But I liked your site.
hee! this post was brought to us by the letters "A, D and D".. :)
dude - are you serious about the "douse everything in salt" diet? cause i could totally see that working, and then really backfire once you got yourself used to that much salt on your food. it's weird what we did as young pre-teens...
diet coke, chicken and ketchup? um...
and i've been reading the same 700 page book since the middle of january, too, and i'm starting to feel really embarrassed about it. i finally started bringing the thing with me wherever i go just so i can finish the damn thing and get on with my life.
Dude, I read Perfume... over winter break, and it just wasn't that great. The concept and the idea of the story I loved. Loved! But the writing was meh. Maybe because it's a translation? Or maybe the author is just a verbose ass? But either way, I wasn't a huge fan. I read it, but if you aren't loving it, and you don't mind not finishing a book, don't. There are a ton of other great books out there. I keep hearing really great things about The Memory Keeper's Daughter and also The Kite Runner. (I'm a weirdo who must! finish! except for Lolita a book lots of people love.)
Or you could just read my comments on your blog. They're mighty book-like in and of themselves.
Rick - That's okay, no advice from boys is allowed in these girly parts. And thanks.
Claire - I think I sent away for it in secrecy too, because my mom wouldn't write a check! It was actually called The BM Diet... BM stood for Body Makers, and this was before I knew what else BM was an acronym for. My mom made sure to let me know when she saw the book laying around.
Christine - Dude! I was wondering about the translation being the problem too, because I totally agree about the verbose...ness. Verbosity? I have both of your other suggestions sitting on my night stand, waiting for me to finish the eff up with Perfume.
Post a Comment
<< Home