Thursday, June 28, 2007

Um. This is the title.

Hi all! Long time no see! I can only blame it on the fact that I spend too much time looking around at the house, thinking about everything that has to get done, and then not doing it. Oooh, except for the POOL, because after a lot of hard work and money, we finally WENT SWIMMING in it for the first time on Tuesday!! It was so lovely, and I plan to spend the afternoon looking around at the house, thinking about everything that has to get done, and then blowing up the new floats I bought and using them. I might also sneak-buy some patio chaise lounges, because although Alex plans on finding the best sale ever on the nicest patio furniture you've ever seen, we still have no seating on the deck. Current decor for rockin' outdoor atmosphere: 4 boxes of string lights, 2 citronella lanterns, and a solar spotlight to shine on the pool. You may have nowhere to sit, but goddammit you'll be able to see what you are standing in!

*****

Exciting News!!!!



This puppy will be mine in just a couple of weeks!!! Details to follow.

*****

Kid-Bit

Summer school has begun, and I now have a favorite new student. He is autistic, and completely hilarious, and he knows he is completely hilarious, even if I'm not allowed to laugh when an exchange like this takes place:

Me: Hey, guess what! We're going to go outside now!
CursingKid: Ooooooooooooh shit!
Me: Now, now. We only use nice words in school, remember?
CK: *sigh* Bastards.

or

Me: Can you tell me a word that rhymes with "bell?"
CK: (without skipping a beat) Hell?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home