Thursday, May 31, 2007

An update AND some pictures

A full week after the fact, I am not so, so clear on the details of the settlement anymore, as most of my brain has been filled up with paint colors and To-Do lists. Honestly, I wrote this entry already, and blogger was a bitch and didn't let me save it and now I don't feel like doing it again. So the abridged version:

Settlement was scheduled for Thursday at 10a.m., and on Wednesday at 5p.m., some guy from Newtown* called our realtor to tell her we couldn't settle because a year and a half ago, Seller replaced the heater without a permit and by an out-of-state worker. Our mortgage company wouldn't accept the temporary C.O., and the paperwork for our permanent C.O. was sitting on a desk somewhere with a big ol' "Rejected" stamp on it.

While she was driving to her office to meet us (we decided to keep our 8:30am walk-through anyway), OurRealtor called Alex to make sure he was still coming. The phone call went something like this: "Hi Alex, just wanted to make sure you-- Oh my god my car is on fire! Smoke is billowing from the hood! Other motorists are pointing at me!!!" Since Alex works in the car business, he told OR what to do, and we kept our plans to meet her at her office, because part of his advice involved demanding that her dealership come pick up her car and leave her a loaner.

So we get to her office and wait around for the loaner. It gets there, we get in, and we hear, "RRRRRRPPPPPP!" as Alex's pants rip right down the back. He offers to run into the Target nextdoor, but OR refuses to "let him walk around like that," and drives us back to his house.

And so this is how the day went. I was pretty sure that the Rejection and the Fire and the Rip were signs that we should not go through with it, but we did, albeit** 7 hours later than scheduled.

I suppose all's well that ends well, assuming this house doesn't turn into the Money Pit and things don't actually end well...

* Heh. Is probably actual town name somewhere...
** Hate this word, but my fingers spewed it out
uncontrollably

*****

Some pictures to illustrate how things are going:


Dead bat in the fireplace
Murry, may you rest in peace


What I found when I ripped up the carpet in one of the bedrooms
Possible murder scene?


*Gag* Nastiness *gag* under the bathm*gag*at
And also, the chipping glaze hidden by said bathmat during walk-through


My tally of switch plates and plugs,
because I'd rather buy new than clean them all

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

Good granny woman! You are ridiculously organized with your cute little tallying sheet. You must be a teacher!
Oh, and i think albeit and ergo are great words to randomly sprinkle throughout any and all communication!
I hate crap days, but it's probably good to get all the irritations over with at once. Then it will be clear sailing from now on! :)

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home