Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Insult to Injury

After a summer of waking up, not late by some people's standards, but at a regularly swallowable 8 or 9, I am back to 6's. Our bedroom is still dark, Alex gets to stay in bed another 90 minutes, and to top it all off, the banner at the top of my iGoogle page still shows the little bugs snoozing in their sleeping bags. If the bugs aren't up yet, I sure as shit shouldn't be.

Also, I am having an extremely difficult time streamlining the puppy's morning routine. This morning: Wake up, Out to pee, In to eat while I make coffee, Out to poop but doesn't, In while I sit around blogging because I'm afraid that if I go upstairs to shower she will poop in the house. The whole ordeal has taken approximately 40 minutes of my morning thus far, and I absolutely refuse to wake up any earlier. Sidenote: She won't eat if she really has to go to the bathroom, so feeding her before Out to pee won't work. Any suggestions from you dog-owners out there?

P.S. In the time it has taken me to write this, the bugs have woken up, and one of them has apparently gone for a coffee-doughnut run, which they are happily consuming in front of a dawn-colored sky. And yes, maybe I should stop talking about the bugs like they are real... but they are cute... fo sho.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My iGoogle doesn't have any bugs. Do you know how I can get them? They sound awesome...

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Sarah - Go to "select theme" in the lower right corner of the banner, and choose "Seasonal Scape." I am noticing now that it's actually a bug and a frog. And they don't move or anything... well, they do in my head.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude... the bug and the frog are doing karate. Is that normal?

A few points: 1) they should move, Google, and 2) it baffles me that there's no puppet show theme. Or Halloween theme. Or even a Shakesperean Theatre theme. Geez, talk about doing a thing halfway.

The frog is cute, tho.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home