Thursday, June 08, 2006

Floccinaucinihilipilification*

Hypothetically speaking (of course), wouldn't it make you sick if a mother had been separating her child's capsules of AD/HD medication, snorting the insides, putting them back together, and then feeding those empty little pieces of plastic to him each day before school, where he was getting constantly repremanded for weeks for behaviors that he could have controlled had he actually been taking said medication? Because that would make me really sick. If I actually knew of someone who did that, I'd be glad if she was removed from her home, even if her son didn't really understand why it was happening, and I'd make sure to give him extra hugs, even if he was being bad that day. I'd wan't to fight her, and I wouldn't even be scared.

* Real Word of the Day, which I got today, and which seemed fitting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Oh Jess.

I think you're amazing for doing what you do.

And way underpaid ;)

Love you!

And for the mother: I'm glad that she's getting taken away as well. Harumph.

8:34 AM  
Blogger claire said...

wow.

that's f-ed up. that does, indeed make me sick.

wow.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks to everyone for your comments! If such a situationdid exist, the child would be doing MUCH better now that he's on his meds and his mom is gone! :o)

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home