6-6-06!
I was at the movies the other day, and there was a preview for the new movie The Omen. It upsets me that Julia Stiles, who was in 10 Things I Hate About You, one of the best teen movies of my high school days, is now playing a mom. I am shocked and appalled. Mostly at my own oldness. I picture myself in a few years, shaking my cane at the holovision, yelling, "Those Olsen twins used to be skinny! Now they are on Jerry Springer, Jr. being lifted from their mansion by matching cranes so they can enter a rehab facility for obsese has-been twins! What has this world come to?!?"
On my drive home yesterday, I noticed a billboard that just said "6+6+06 heedtheomen.com" I went to the website because I forgot about the movie and was curious about what the billboard was advertising. My computer immediatey froze and I had to reboot. Conincidence, or the work of the Devil?
Anyway, in the spirit of this very solemn day, I leave you with this audio clip of Stephen Lynch singing "Beelz" which I actually find hilarious and I am not even worried I will be possessed while laughing out loud in the car when Preston & Steve play it during my morning ride.
I'm sure Satan will get me back anyway. I'm pretty sure he currently resides in one of my students. And if he doesn't, he is at the very least behind all of this Brangelina Baby coverage. Excuse me while I dry heave.
(If the little player doesn't work, please find another way to listen to the clip (legally, of course!), as it is totally worth it.)
On my drive home yesterday, I noticed a billboard that just said "6+6+06 heedtheomen.com" I went to the website because I forgot about the movie and was curious about what the billboard was advertising. My computer immediatey froze and I had to reboot. Conincidence, or the work of the Devil?
Anyway, in the spirit of this very solemn day, I leave you with this audio clip of Stephen Lynch singing "Beelz" which I actually find hilarious and I am not even worried I will be possessed while laughing out loud in the car when Preston & Steve play it during my morning ride.
I'm sure Satan will get me back anyway. I'm pretty sure he currently resides in one of my students. And if he doesn't, he is at the very least behind all of this Brangelina Baby coverage. Excuse me while I dry heave.
(If the little player doesn't work, please find another way to listen to the clip (legally, of course!), as it is totally worth it.)


3 Comments:
"Coincidence or work of the Devil?" That would have freaked me out a little bit, i think. I just can't handle 'coincidences' like that. You know, cause *whispers* maybe it's not...
I totally love Stephen Lynch - he is too funny. Also - puts on a great live show if you ever get the chance. :)
I am *working* so could not listen to the audio right now.
Funny stuff. Anth and I were supposed to go see the movie tonight, and if we go, you are welcome to come and watch as Julia Stiles plays a mom, who is married to the guy from Scream. Unfortunately I have given Anth my disease, so we may be sitting at home warmed by the TV tonight.
Claire - I will keep an eye out for a show!
Christine - You should *work* with headphones on.
Blondeee - Maybe she was a teen mom! Sounds like the work of the devil to me!! (Kidding, kidding...)
Post a Comment
<< Home