Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Apartment Update

Okay, the lease signing was pushed back one day (until tomorrow), and there is some related news that is good/bad (gad? bood?). The landlady has told me that although she originally said they'd be moving out during June and I'd get the place on July 1, they are now leaning toward August 1 because they don't think they'll be able to renovate and be moved into their new house by July. This is bad because I was getting really excited about moving, and it was just a couple weeks after school is out for the year, and I'd have the whooole summer to get used to living alone and fix up my place, and oh yeah, write my capstone without any distractions. But this is also good because August 1 was what I wanted in the first place since I don't get paid in the summer. This means I only have to pay for one month of rent and bills while not receiving paychecks instead of two. And it also means I won't be moving 3 days after my grandmother, which means I will have their undevided moving-help. And plus, by then, I think my brother will be back from his training in Nevada, so I can make him help too. So emotionally? This is kind of a bummer. But logically and financially it makes way more sense. So... yay!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

I see the yay, but am still a bit bummed for you.

So, I guess: Yay?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

i agree: yay, with reservations. (oooh, it's like we're voting in the UN)

in any case, i'm sure it will be great fun setting up your own place. i will be doing the same thing, hopefully around the same time. i'll come to your house-warming if you come to mine! ;)

2:23 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Ooooh this is exciting news!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Whinger - We can go with a Yay!

Janie - Awesome! I will be registered at Target!

Anika - I hear you're looking for a new place. You should TOTALLY check out South Jersey ;o)

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home