Good Things
I can hear the rain pounding the pollen and bird shit off my car, and that makes me happy. I won't be happy tomorrow when the air is moist and my hair sticks out, but still. My car will be clean. The outside, anyway.
Plus tomorrow is Friday.
Plus I signed my lease today.
Plus my future landlord wants to find a man to set me up with because she's cool like that.
Plus I had a Wawa* turkey sandwich on wheat bread for dinner tonight, and I have missed Wawa.
Plus I am going to ignore the fact that I just saw the Mother's Day project I am doing with my students on a JC Penny's commercial, and hope that their moms don't think that's where I got the idea. I stole the idea from a teaching magazine, thankyouverymuch, and I added my own little touch, and it will be way cuter than the one on TV, damn it!
Plus Christine got a job.
Plus Anika and I are getting married <3
* Wawa is a kick-ass convenience store in the Pennsylvania/southern New Jersey area that makes the best sandwiches and hoagies** ever.
** Subs, grinders, heroes, poorboys, whatever.
*****
I like American Idol and all, I guess*, but am I the only one who finds it totally wrong for a website to be advertising QUEEN, one of the most influential bands ever**, by using AI?? See for yourself.
* CHRIS WAS ROBBED!!
** Um, I don't know according to whom, but I'm sure there are lots of people who think so. I'm really not good at categorizing bands and music, so there may be some more appropriate phrase to use here.
Plus tomorrow is Friday.
Plus I signed my lease today.
Plus my future landlord wants to find a man to set me up with because she's cool like that.
Plus I had a Wawa* turkey sandwich on wheat bread for dinner tonight, and I have missed Wawa.
Plus I am going to ignore the fact that I just saw the Mother's Day project I am doing with my students on a JC Penny's commercial, and hope that their moms don't think that's where I got the idea. I stole the idea from a teaching magazine, thankyouverymuch, and I added my own little touch, and it will be way cuter than the one on TV, damn it!
Plus Christine got a job.
Plus Anika and I are getting married <3
* Wawa is a kick-ass convenience store in the Pennsylvania/southern New Jersey area that makes the best sandwiches and hoagies** ever.
** Subs, grinders, heroes, poorboys, whatever.
*****
I like American Idol and all, I guess*, but am I the only one who finds it totally wrong for a website to be advertising QUEEN, one of the most influential bands ever**, by using AI?? See for yourself.
* CHRIS WAS ROBBED!!
** Um, I don't know according to whom, but I'm sure there are lots of people who think so. I'm really not good at categorizing bands and music, so there may be some more appropriate phrase to use here.


5 Comments:
So what month are you actually going to move?
Very exciting.
And maybe the parents think the JC Penney thing is darling....
So is my last name going to be yours or is your last name going to be mine? ... Or hyphenated?
So you're in a "hoagie" area then, eh? I always wonder where those borders are.
Heroes, here.
That Queen thing IS kind of weird. It's not like Queen can't drum up their own business. They quite possible are one of the most influential bands ever. Good point.
Whinger - The lease starts August 1. Perhaps I'll get there early in the morning to turn on the A/C...
Anikia - Well we all know your last name is way cooler than mine, so I'll take yours. Or we can be Anika d-B and Jessica B-d...?
Claire - The upper part of Jersey is Subs. I wonder at what point North it turns into Heroes? Do you really say, "eh, lets just have heroes for dinner"??
In fact, yes - that's exactly what we say. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home