Tuesday, May 30, 2006

2 Months and Counting Down

At first I started to write an entry about the things I'll miss when I move out. But then I realized that most of those things will probably still happen even after I'm gone. For example, conversations like the one following could easily happen over the phone or while I'm waiting for my laundry to dry visiting.

Me: Are you wearing underwear????
Mom: Um, yes. You always ask me that, and I always wear underwear!
Me: Well I didn't know... they were nude colored and you were putting your pajamas on. I don't wear underwear with my pajamas...
Mom: You don't???
Me: No. Your vagina needs to breathe, Mom!
Mom: I don't care if my vagina breathes or not. It's half-dead anyway.

And my Dad will probably still pick up things from the grocery store that he sees and thinks I'd like-- I'll just have to get them while I'm stopping by for a free meal visiting.

And on Sundays, when everyone is napping at the same time and the house is all quiet, and since everyone is sleeping, no one has to feel lazy? That can still happen when I come over to float around in the pool visit.

Things I won't miss:
  • My parents are always asking me what my Plans are. It's the first question I hear on Friday when I get home from work, and it is asked approximately 234,632 more times over the course of the weekend.
  • There is constant discussion over "what's for dinner?" If "Got any plans?" is asked 234,632 times during one weekend, this question is surely asked 4 times that, as it is asked all week.
  • When I buy something I don't necessarily need, someone always says, "Boy, you must be made of money!"
  • When I get picked up for a date, my dad stands at the top of the stairs and watches me through the window over the door as I greet the lucky fella.
  • I love our dog, but when my parents decide to go out early on weekend mornings, it is inevitable that I will be awakened by her howling at the injustice of being left "alone," until she realizes I'm home and comes to greet me all waggly and licky.
*****

In case you were wondering, when attempting to make a lemony garlic butter sauce for your pasta, lemon extract is actually a disgusting addition. If you have no fresh lemons or juice concentrate in the little plastic lemon, skip the whole thing and go maranara. You'll thank me for that one someday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I love your Mom. (If she still lurks here - Hi!)

And I am comforted in her constant underwear wearing habit since I borrowed her jeans.

8:14 AM  
Blogger claire said...

wow, i don't know if i would want to discuss my breathing vagina with my mom.

one thing i do not miss about living at home is the "where are you going?" question. It was usually asked when i was leaving the room, going to the bathroom, etc.

made me nuts.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gave me flashbacks to living with the 'rents.

SO many times I was asked, "And when did YOU get home last night?"

Bah.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Christine - This is certainly comforting news for you.

Claire - Breasts and bodily functions are also topics of conversation that my mother and I frequent.

Whinger - You'd think it would have stopped when I came home from college, as there was no one to monitor me there and I seemed to do alright.

Alison - A pox on your blog until you accept my new look!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Blondeee - Ahhhhhh!!! I HAVE NO PLAAAANSSS!!!!

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home