Monday, May 29, 2006

Random Musings

Woohoo! I finally looked up figured out how to put my own masthead on my page! Aren't I so mysterious and film noir? Okay, yeah, I know that it doesn't exactly reflect the tone of my blog*, but now that I know how to do it, perhaps I will eventually come up with a creation that is more fitting. I like this one because I think it will scare Meg, as my eyes are peering at her. Just her. Hey Meg! I seeee yooouuuu!!**

Anyway.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. Mostly it was full of laundry. And I don't really think I'm exaggerating much when I say that I washed 10 loads of clothes. It was definitely more than 5, and a couple times I split loads into 2 so that I'd have less to fold at a time. Yet, it seems I never have anything to wear. This is perhaps because most of my clothes are always stuffed in the bottom of my hamper, in piles on my floor, or just don't fit. Christine, you would be so proud, as my room no longer smells of musty fabric, and you can see the entire floor, unlike when you visited the other day!

I know this may come as a shock to those of you who know of my organized living project and such, but let me assure you that I have not fallen off the wagon. Aside from the laundry issue, I really have kept everything neat. The insides of my drawers, cabinets, and closet stay quite neat, and when I do actually decide to straighten up my room, it is tons easier than it used to be because there is a place for everything. When the piles of papers and clothes become overwhelming, I simply do some filing and the laundry and wa-la! And speaking of filing? What the eff is with all this paperwork that comes with being an adult? What happened to the days when all I had to do was throw a graded term paper into a box and I was done? I now have folders to contain car information, health insurance, and tons of receipts so that come tax-time I can claim the thousands of dollars I spend on my classroom. This is not preferred.

The good that has come from this weekend? Since I spent my whole Saturday and Sunday doing such chores, I now have my entire Monday to sit around and do nothing!*** So far I have had 2 cups of coffee, put a pair of pajamas in the hamper, watched my dad unload groceries, and updated the html on my blog. Perhaps later I will go to Ulta, as I have a coupon and like to save money by buying things I don't really need.

Oh, and one last thing. You know my neighbors who suck at driving? Well the youngest driver is now missing half his bumper because he hit a giant raccoon. Just thought I'd share.

* (which is decidedly un-mysterious and -film noir)
** Heehee! Scaring former roommate = fun for all.
*** Um, except for when I'm reflecting on those who have lost their lives in war. Seriously. Thanks.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the banner!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I <3 your new look...a little "The Ring"...but still lots of fun.

I guess you're right that it doesn't fit your normal cheery tone...but all in good time.

Yay!

8:28 AM  
Blogger claire said...

Oooh! Haven't you gotten Fancy?

Like it very much - lots and lots.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh but you're moving soon, right? Take this advice when at the store...do I want it enough to put it in a box and move it to another location in a month?

You'd be surprised what doesn't make it into the cart.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Dino - :o)

Christine - Dude, I'm so not as creepy as The Ring. The Shining? Perhaps. There is something very "Heeeere's Johnny!" about those eyes. But The Ring? Pft!

Claire - Thanks!

Whinger - That's the problem with cosmetics stores... makeup is just so small...

9:58 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Al - I don't know, as I've never hit one. You know what else I've never hit? My neighbor's car...

5:49 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Look how much has changed since I've fallen off the face of the planet! And thanks... now I will quickly scroll past the eyes directly to the text everytime I come here...

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home