EEEK!!!
I saw a mouse in my classroom today.
I was going to tell you the whole story, and how I came into my classroom after the light had been turned off, and how it scurried across the floor when I turned the light back on, and how at first I thought I saw a centipede out of the corner of my eye, because sometimes I see those in our basement and those things move fast, but how then I saw it's skinny little tail disappearing into the wall, and realized it was a mouse and had to scream and run out of the classroom. But it grosses me out too much, so I'm not going to get into all that.
What I will get into is how I was scared to come back into the classroom and had to kick my bag several times before I'd pick it up off the floor for fear that all of the mouse's friends were in there grading papers or something. Little mice with bifocals and multicolored felt-tipped pens are not so scary.
*****
Pondered while driving home:
Why are Jews called Jewish? Like there are Christians, and Buddhists, and Islamics... Those suffixes tell you, "This is who or what I believe in." But Jew...ish? It's like, "I believe in Judaism... kinda."
Weird.
I was going to tell you the whole story, and how I came into my classroom after the light had been turned off, and how it scurried across the floor when I turned the light back on, and how at first I thought I saw a centipede out of the corner of my eye, because sometimes I see those in our basement and those things move fast, but how then I saw it's skinny little tail disappearing into the wall, and realized it was a mouse and had to scream and run out of the classroom. But it grosses me out too much, so I'm not going to get into all that.
What I will get into is how I was scared to come back into the classroom and had to kick my bag several times before I'd pick it up off the floor for fear that all of the mouse's friends were in there grading papers or something. Little mice with bifocals and multicolored felt-tipped pens are not so scary.
*****
Pondered while driving home:
Why are Jews called Jewish? Like there are Christians, and Buddhists, and Islamics... Those suffixes tell you, "This is who or what I believe in." But Jew...ish? It's like, "I believe in Judaism... kinda."
Weird.


5 Comments:
Ick. What is it with the mice? Luckily we haven't seen much of our fuzzy friend in a while, but the traps are still out, just in case.
I *did* however have a dream last night that we had a rat in the house, causing me to wake up and check all the traps this morning.
***
And "Jewish"? No idea...Perhaps Amy might have an idea, she's good at that sort of thing
Nip would be saddened to hear that you find mice gross. Although I suppose wild ones are dirty... even though they are cute.
...i think they're cute, too. but that's probably because they're not in my house or workplace.
And do keep your bag off the floor at school. You never know what will crawl in and come home with you. EW. My mother's school has roaches, so it is a big deal for her to check her stuff before she leaves. EWWWW.
Ew. Did someone's classroom "pet" get out?
Maybe someone ELSE has a classroom "pet" snake that could also be released.
Christine - I wonder if SLJ would be friends with my teacher mice...
Meg - Nip and Thistle were very specific cases of mice in a cage.
Claire - Yeah... I've been warned... unfortunately my scatterbrainedness (it's a word) causes me to forget such rules.
Whinger - But what if the "pet" found my classroom to be so bountiful, that it never left?? I don't want a mouse scurrying over my feet, but ditto goes for snakes.
Post a Comment
<< Home