Decompressing
Ahhhhhhhhh...
That's the sound (sight?) of me heaving a huge sigh of relief, as my first year of teaching has officially come to an end. There are a lot of things I loved about the year, and a lot of things I will definitely do differently next year, but most of all I'm just happy that it's over. And I'm ready to begin my Summer of Jess.
Oh you read right, my friends.
Summer. of. Jess.... 2006.
This is the first summer since I turned 16 (and actually even before that, if you count babysitting) where I am choosing not to work. I don't care that I have thousands of dollars in rent to pay before I get my next paycheck, and that I need to buy a couch and a bed and a bunch of little bathroom decorations. I'll deal with the debt in September, because you know what? This summer is about me. And hey, I'm already on my way!
* Details to follow
That's the sound (sight?) of me heaving a huge sigh of relief, as my first year of teaching has officially come to an end. There are a lot of things I loved about the year, and a lot of things I will definitely do differently next year, but most of all I'm just happy that it's over. And I'm ready to begin my Summer of Jess.
Oh you read right, my friends.
Summer. of. Jess.... 2006.
This is the first summer since I turned 16 (and actually even before that, if you count babysitting) where I am choosing not to work. I don't care that I have thousands of dollars in rent to pay before I get my next paycheck, and that I need to buy a couch and a bed and a bunch of little bathroom decorations. I'll deal with the debt in September, because you know what? This summer is about me. And hey, I'm already on my way!
- Goal # 1: Get Fit I went to the gym on Friday to inquire about the 40+ personal trainer sessions I have paid for this year and not used. I can't freeze my payments while continuing to use my sessions without a doctor's note (are any of you a doctor willing to write me a good excuse?), but I can use as many sessions per week as I want. I've already scheduled 5 sessions between tomorrow (Thursday) and next Friday.
- Goal # 2: Finish the Effing Capstone Already! Okay, not much in the way of progress here, but there is a tentative trip in the works to the EIRC next weekend. My on-the-ball teaching friends are bringing things to laminate for next school year, but I hear there are lots of resources there I may be able to collect for research.
- Goal # 3: Independence My first rent payment is due on July 15, which just happens to be when I get my Summer Savings paycheck in the mail. It is fate.
- Goal #4: Meet Men (Find Love?) While I know I can't ensure I'll find the man of my dreams within a certain period of time, I do know that I definitely won't if I don't put some effort into at least meeting some guys. I have put the word out among coworkers that I am looking and to keep me in mind for single, suitable guys, and I have taken the plunge and joined match.com (like for real-- I have already paid up for the summer). I already have a date on Saturday night*, and I have promised myself that I will take a chance on some guys I would normally rule out right away for "silly" reasons.
* Details to follow


6 Comments:
YAY for you and the Summer of Jess!
You should definitely make time in your crazy man dating, gym hopping, pool lounging schedule to hang out with moi.
I see frosty and frozen and fruity (alcoholic) drinks in your future.
Oh my gosh, SO PROUD of you for the last one. It takes moxie to announce to the world that you're looking. You rock.
Also? Psyched for the rest of the bullet points.
Hurrah for Summer of Jess!
You should meet a man here in Canada (translation: come visit me) ... Tori Spelling said Canadian men are nice. And if SHE said it, that means ahellofalot.
Christine - I always have time for moi. Oh wait. I mean vous. Or do I?
Whinger - Thanks! If there's one thing I've got, it's moxie; that's what I always say.
Anika - I have always wanted to date a guy who said, "eh."
And don't forget about The Lion King!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Anon (a.k.a. Maggie) - Oh baby, I could not forget about that... File it under Goal #5: Have Maggie to my New Pad (See Broadway Show, but in Philly)
Post a Comment
<< Home