Always Black
I have seen lots of girls at the gym wearing gray pants that, when leaning over that weird bar machine thing where your ass goes up in the air, show every bit of sweat in every, um, crevice, of their body. So I told myself, "Self! Don't ever wear gray pants to the gym, if you know what's good for you!"
Why didn't I listen to myself? What possessed me to buy a pair of gray workout pants? I know the fuschia stripe was cute because it matched the fuschia shirt, and they were a nice light weight, and not to baggy... but still? And why did I wear them on a day when I was working out with my trainer? And why, oh whhhyyyyy did he decide to make me get on that weird bar machine thing where your ass goes up in the air? Today? When I was wearing the gray pants?
Why didn't I listen to myself? What possessed me to buy a pair of gray workout pants? I know the fuschia stripe was cute because it matched the fuschia shirt, and they were a nice light weight, and not to baggy... but still? And why did I wear them on a day when I was working out with my trainer? And why, oh whhhyyyyy did he decide to make me get on that weird bar machine thing where your ass goes up in the air? Today? When I was wearing the gray pants?


3 Comments:
Tony and I have joined a gym. Our gym has signs indicating that the ladies are not to come in wearing shirts that feature their nipples or anything else inappropriate. The girls they never listen.
Me, I'm there in sweats and the baggiest least flattering clothes ever, and everyone else in their hoochy gym clothes.
For shame!
You should come to my gym one day (in Philly, but so what!) you can show me good exercises.
Chris - So I hired the personal trainer because me working out alone includes 40 minutes on the elliptical (I'm too lazy to switch machines half way through, despite my boredness), a quick scan of the gym for which machines I'd like to use (someday), and then a brisk walk to the parking lot. I wouldn't be so helpful with the good excercises...
ew! and oh no!
i wouldn't know about these new-fangled gym clothes. i haven't belonged to a gym in quite a few (too many) years and when i did go i was in horrific ill-fitting baggy sweats. probably didn't help me feel like i was getting anywhere with the gym when i would get to watch myself in the mirrors while aerobicizing in the bleh clothes.
nope. i paid for that gym membership for way too long after i stopped going...
Post a Comment
<< Home