Monday, December 17, 2007

Content

My Sunday was a wash of a weekend day because Saturday night our water heater flooded our downstairs. So instead of getting to sleep in, I had to call my dad very so he could come over and fix it (thank god for daddies, huh?) and we could turn our water back on. Then, Alex's mom came over and we went shopping for Christmassy stuff for our house. "We," being just her and me. (She and me? She and I? I need to consult my copy of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves...) It was kinda weird, but we did end up with some pretty things with which to decorate our 3-foot table top tree.

Anyway, Alex randomly had off today, and so to make off for my loss of a nice, relaxing weekend, I took a sick day today...

*cough. cough.*

It ended up being a perfect day. Slept in a little, watched my DVR'd season finale of Survivor: China while Alex slept in even later, I made cookie dough for my cookie swap later this week, we played some Guitar Hero, made a killer lasagna, and Alex did the dinner dishes, and now we're sitting on the couch with full bellies and some wine and a fire in the fireplace and the dog's not being too annoying (yet) and we're about to watch Superbad (for the second time today), and the house isn't too much of a mess, and ahhhhh...

I needed this day.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The title of the book is actually Eats, Shoots & Leaves. I approve of your subtle display of patriotism, though.

The Oxford Comma is dead. Long live the Oxford Comma!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Alex - I suppose if I am going to reference a book that is about grammar misuse, I should reference it correctly. But still, no one likes a smartass.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

I just got guitar hero for Christmas!! (note that i am writing this comment 6 weeks after your post). I lo-lo-lo-love it! Although i haven't really had a chance to play it since Christmas holidays... Maybe it's time for a sick day soon :)

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home