Current Weekly Watchings: The Sad Truth
America's Next Top Model
Bionic Woman
Bones
Californication*
Dexter
Gossip Girl
Grey's Anatomy
Heroes
House
Law & Order: SVU
Next Great American Band
Pushing Daisies
Survivor: China
Three Sheets
Weeds
Women's Murder Club**
Eagerly Awaiting:
American Idol
Lost
Surely after reading this list, you are thinking, "Who the hell has time to watch that much TV?" Well, the answer is obvious. I do.
I'll admit, I'm not proud of some of my viewing choices. My watching preferences are, for the most part, mindless. This is how I like them. I actually can't watch any DVR'd mystery shows on weekdays because my mind is too fried to concentrate; I even find myself rewinding the fluffier shows because my brain will flicker in and out and I have no idea what's going on.
This is why I'm not a reader. I like to read, and if I find the right book, I love to read. But sadly, my mind won't allow it. I flip through page after page, only to turn back and read them again because the entire time I was looking at words, I was actually thinking about lesson plans and behavior strategies and bills and birthdays and god how do people quiet their minds enough to get absorbed into a good book anymore?
Thus, I will justify my list by saying the crappy shows are my mental massage, and only the "good" shows*** are for my actual "shutupIcan'thearwhatthey'resaying!" entertainment.
* The season is over, so perhaps I should have listed Season 2 under Eagery Awaiting?
** Stupidest name for a show ever in history.
*** Choose the shows that will make me seem the smartest and most discriminating.
Bionic Woman
Bones
Californication*
Dexter
Gossip Girl
Grey's Anatomy
Heroes
House
Law & Order: SVU
Next Great American Band
Pushing Daisies
Survivor: China
Three Sheets
Weeds
Women's Murder Club**
Eagerly Awaiting:
American Idol
Lost
Surely after reading this list, you are thinking, "Who the hell has time to watch that much TV?" Well, the answer is obvious. I do.
I'll admit, I'm not proud of some of my viewing choices. My watching preferences are, for the most part, mindless. This is how I like them. I actually can't watch any DVR'd mystery shows on weekdays because my mind is too fried to concentrate; I even find myself rewinding the fluffier shows because my brain will flicker in and out and I have no idea what's going on.
This is why I'm not a reader. I like to read, and if I find the right book, I love to read. But sadly, my mind won't allow it. I flip through page after page, only to turn back and read them again because the entire time I was looking at words, I was actually thinking about lesson plans and behavior strategies and bills and birthdays and god how do people quiet their minds enough to get absorbed into a good book anymore?
Thus, I will justify my list by saying the crappy shows are my mental massage, and only the "good" shows*** are for my actual "shutupIcan'thearwhatthey'resaying!" entertainment.
* The season is over, so perhaps I should have listed Season 2 under Eagery Awaiting?
** Stupidest name for a show ever in history.
*** Choose the shows that will make me seem the smartest and most discriminating.
Labels: TV


1 Comments:
that's awesome. when i finish school (again) i fully intend on getting addicted to various shows. for now, i satisfy myself with binge-watching (i.e., taking in an entire season of Grey's in one weekend).
may i suggest Guitar-Hero? It is my newest vice.
Post a Comment
<< Home