Pft.
So today we had an assembly... some crap about peer mediation with puppets and other freaky shit. Whatever. Though it was fun for the kids, I wanted to jab my eyes out. To pass the time, I started to catch up with a coworker. And then people, then...
The principal asked me to stop talking. I believe his exact words were, "Could you two not do that? You know: talk?"
Oh. Yes. He. Did.
I have not been repremanded for inappropriately timed talking since high school. Well, maybe once in college. Whatever.
The point is, I am an adult, and if I want to set a bad example for my students by talking when I'm not supposed to be, that should be my choice, damn it! And anyway: Do as I say, not as I do, kids, and I say, "Shut up."
And to show that I am an equal opportunity boss-arounder, I say it also to the principal.
The principal asked me to stop talking. I believe his exact words were, "Could you two not do that? You know: talk?"
Oh. Yes. He. Did.
I have not been repremanded for inappropriately timed talking since high school. Well, maybe once in college. Whatever.
The point is, I am an adult, and if I want to set a bad example for my students by talking when I'm not supposed to be, that should be my choice, damn it! And anyway: Do as I say, not as I do, kids, and I say, "Shut up."
And to show that I am an equal opportunity boss-arounder, I say it also to the principal.


1 Comments:
you tell him! and maybe show him too. that'll learn 'im!
Post a Comment
<< Home