WARNING: NASTY BUG PICTURE BELOW!!!
Last night, I left Coconut outside for a little while, and while usually she just sits by the back door when she wants to come in, this time she was barking madly. I ran downstairs thinking that surely there was an intruder, and that this time she had decided to scare him away rather than roll over onto her back.
I ended up opening the door to her barking at THIS:

I know! What the?!?! When I started taking pics of it, it did this weird little bouncy up-and-down dance. Show off.
I checked whatsthatbug.com, but had no luck. It doesn't match any of the mantises listed, and I am clueless as to what else to check. All I know is, thank goodness for my noisy dog, or I might not have noticed it while opening the door, only to let it in with Coconut. *shudder*
*****
My boys walked out of my classroom singing "dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? dontcha!" That's where that whole comprehension defecit thing really becomes obvious...
I ended up opening the door to her barking at THIS:

I know! What the?!?! When I started taking pics of it, it did this weird little bouncy up-and-down dance. Show off.
I checked whatsthatbug.com, but had no luck. It doesn't match any of the mantises listed, and I am clueless as to what else to check. All I know is, thank goodness for my noisy dog, or I might not have noticed it while opening the door, only to let it in with Coconut. *shudder*
*****
My boys walked out of my classroom singing "dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? dontcha!" That's where that whole comprehension defecit thing really becomes obvious...


4 Comments:
Praying Mantis!
You should email those people your bug. I was also thinking it looked like some sort of mantis. Which is cool, because they tend to not gross me out.
And HA to your kids. They crack me up.
your dog barks at bugs? well, i guess when they're the size of her face... that's totally understandable. the bug... it is staring at you... creepy!
now i've got that song stuck in my head.... dammit.
Christine - I did email them, but have not gotten a response yet. I was thinking mantis but am still grossed.
Claire - Not only does she bark and bugs (big ones, anyway) she pounces on moths and crickets when I turn on the outside light at night, and she eats spiders that she finds crawling on the ground. She is like having my own personal zappy thing. Also, yeahitwassogross!! It WAS staring at me, even when I moved the camera, it would turn to keep watching me!!
Post a Comment
<< Home