can I get a Hell Yeah
... for Christine, who passed her PA Bar exam!!!! I knew she would, she is one of the smartest people I know, but she likes to walk around pretending like she needs to study and doesn't do enough of it. Whatever girl- You Rock, and you know it.
*****
Yesterday I took Coconut to a dog park for the first time ever. She had the best time, and loved playing with all of the other dogs (my parents' dog just runs away from her). I can't wait to take her back, but I have made the decision to wait until she is fixed. Poor little girl was humped on by every boy-dog in the place at least once. At first, we weren't sure who liked it more, but by the end, you could see that, "get off of me I have a headache" look in her eye, and she is so little that her attempts to escape their grips weren't working. However, we hung around for way longer than I planned because everytime we were about to leave, a new potential friend showed up, and she was just so happy to see everyone who walked through the gates.
Now, I am looking for some of my human friends with dogs less than 35 lbs. to join us. Borrowed dogs will work too... any takers?
*****
Tonight, Alex and I are going to my parents' house for "Family Dinner," which was planned by my brother. He starts a one-month training tomorrow, before leaving for Iraq. When he called to let me know about the dinner, he said, "You don't have to come, but it might be the last time you see me." I know there was an implied, "- before I leave" in there, but it still sent chills down my spine.
I don't believe in god, but if you do, or if you don't, your thoughts, prayers, whatevers, are welcome in order to send some positive energy my brother's way for a safe deployment.
*****
Yesterday I took Coconut to a dog park for the first time ever. She had the best time, and loved playing with all of the other dogs (my parents' dog just runs away from her). I can't wait to take her back, but I have made the decision to wait until she is fixed. Poor little girl was humped on by every boy-dog in the place at least once. At first, we weren't sure who liked it more, but by the end, you could see that, "get off of me I have a headache" look in her eye, and she is so little that her attempts to escape their grips weren't working. However, we hung around for way longer than I planned because everytime we were about to leave, a new potential friend showed up, and she was just so happy to see everyone who walked through the gates.
Now, I am looking for some of my human friends with dogs less than 35 lbs. to join us. Borrowed dogs will work too... any takers?
*****
Tonight, Alex and I are going to my parents' house for "Family Dinner," which was planned by my brother. He starts a one-month training tomorrow, before leaving for Iraq. When he called to let me know about the dinner, he said, "You don't have to come, but it might be the last time you see me." I know there was an implied, "- before I leave" in there, but it still sent chills down my spine.
I don't believe in god, but if you do, or if you don't, your thoughts, prayers, whatevers, are welcome in order to send some positive energy my brother's way for a safe deployment.


3 Comments:
Ack! I didn't know your little brother was getting deployed to Iraq. I'm sending all happy thoughts of an easy and safe deployment his way. Damn it.
Let him know I say "what up!" and give your mom a hug for me. You know what? Maybe sometime next week, you could meet me at your parents' house afterwork? Like old times?
Well, Chester is definitely less than 35 pounds...for now! He would love to play with Coconut (although he is not yet fixed). I'll be thinking about your brother.
i do believe in God; it helps. I'll send prayers and positive energy out for Brother Bear.
now i must go visit Christine-- i was out of the loop and hadn't heard her oh-so-good news yet.
Post a Comment
<< Home