Friday, October 12, 2007

Full of Soup

I am supposed to be getting a new student sometime next week, probably Wednesday, and I am kind of dreading it. I can't say the addition of a new student after rules and consequences and routines have already been established would "stir the pot;" all things relative, I'd say my class functions at a simmer on a good day. I am thinking this kid is going to bring the pot to a rolling boil.

Also, too many cooks spoil the broth, as long as we're going having fun with soup metaphors.

*****

Alex's mom's birthday is on Tuesday. I won't see her on Sunday, when A and his bro go down to visit her (already made plans due to boyfriend who does not share info until the last minute, ever), but I want to send a nice gift with him to redeem myself. On her birthday last year, we had only been dating a few months, so I didn't get her anything, and then on Christmas, he talked me into the worst Christmas gift. Ever.

Still no ideas. Think. Think.

*****

I need to start making plans for Friday nights. They are way too long and lonely, hence: sitting here blogging. No offence. I love y'all. But I'd rather do something crazy on a Friday night, and then blog about it over a cuppa coffee on Saturday morning.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

Thank you for rescuing me... i was ready to poke my eyes out to get me out of writing this paper. You've saved me. I'm trying to be sorry that you don't have fun and exciting Friday night plans, but secretly i'm happy because you make me laugh. (I apologize for laughing my head off, again, at your Christmas woes.)

I think you should buy his mom a nice scarf. JM's mom loves the one i gave her... but she's already a gramma, so i don't know if it applies.
Or maybe something fun for her kitchen?
Good luck.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Janie - Glad my misfortunes amuse you ;o) And the scarf idea is a good one, except that she owns a women's accessories store... Hmph.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home