Monday, October 08, 2007

In Need of a Tune-Up

So I didn't mean for my last entry to come off all depressing. I'm sure my brother will be fine, and he actually extended his contract to get this deployment, so it's not like it's something that is happening to him. I just wanted to send a little love his way, that's all. Even if I don't tell him there is love being sent his way.

In other news, I have decided that my blog is boring, and I am trying to come up with a way to make it a little more fun. I think I used to tell funny stories and anecdotes and whatnot, and somehow that morphed into a weekly (if that) 26 year old's version of a pre-teen diary. As such:

In middle school:

Dear Diary,

Today we had a test that I didn't study for. Oops! But I
did get to sit next to You-Know-Who today and he let me borrow his
pencil. He is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute! I'm going to see if
Kelly can sleep over tonight. The rents have been so uncool
lately, so we'll see.


Love,
Jess


Now:

Dear IIFs,

My lesson plans were due today and I didn't bother having
them in on time. Oops! Also, a kid bit me.
Alex cooked me dinner last night and it was soooooooooooooooooo
yummy! Later, I'm going to my parent's house for dinner. My dog
won't stop peeing on the floor and eating rabbit shit.


Later,
J



Guess I need to work on this.

*****

But before I work on making this a non-boring blog, I just have to say: You know that whole coffee maker dilemma I was having? Well, sadly, Alex's brother broke up with his girlfriend, but not sadly, he moved back to Jersey, and since he is now living with his dad, does not need his Keurig coffee maker. He let us have it, and I. am. in. love. Also-- you can buy tea and hot chocolate pods to put in it. Woot!

*****

And One Last Thing (for now)

I want to start a product review blog, a'la Sundry or Awesome. I just can't come up with a clever name for it. Any suggestions are welcome, AND if I choose your name, I'll give you credit for it. Because I'm fair like that.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, a game!
Suggestions:

Jess-Tested
Thingamajiggies
Mélange à Trois (shit! someone stole this joke already!)
Bits and Bobs
What Doesn't Suck
Stuff and Nonsense

11:49 AM  
Blogger claire said...

i hear you on the tune up. for some reason i feel genuinely guilty that i let my blog sit for so long without posting anything. Like actually stressed about something that is supposed to be a hobby and relieve stress.

A kid bit me today. heh.


I like the Jess-Tested name from Sarah, up there. That's cute. :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Sarah - Thanks for the suggestions! One of yours may very well be a winner!

Claire - Seriously. I have yet to find something that never causes me stress, ever. Even a bubble bath causes me stress because the water gets all cold and my knees stick out and what if I get my book wet?

5:27 PM  
Blogger claire said...

OH MY GOD, ME TOO.

I stress over every stupid thing. It's a wonder i haven't had a heart attack yet.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

a) your blog is not boring
b) your kids make me laugh
c) i want a keurig!
d) poor alex's brother... i have a cute sister! we could hook them up!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home