Monday, July 24, 2006

Congratulations and Sundry

Kelly, one of my best friends since 3rd grade, became engaged to her boyfriend Steve on Easter. This past Saturday there was an engagement party at her parents' house- Margaritaville themed, complete with sand, palm trees, fully stocked tiki bar (with bartenders) and a DJ. It was a rockin' good time, and I think I might hire her family and rent out their back yard when my wedding comes along (theoretically, one day, not necessarily to PC, so no, I am not jumping the gun here). PC said that he would have paid a $30 cover to get into that party, so surely people wouldn't mind bringing a nice china place setting to get in.



Congrats to Kelly and Steve!

*****

Although it stings to spend $400 on car maintenance, I have to say that when I got in my car today and the ride was all smooth, and the brakes worked right, and Gigi didn't scream as she rounded corners, the new tires were worth it.

*****

I noticed a new muscle in my arm the other day while driving! It's right on my bicep, and it's firm even when I'm not trying to flex! AND! Today my trainer made me do these squat things with this big barbell over my shoulders, and when he originally made me do it, I had the hardest time, but this time he added weight!!!! Okay, so I'm not losing any weight because I still eat like crap* (and yes, I know muscle weighs more than fat and blah blah blah, but my clothes are not fitting any better, so scrap that argument), at least I'm getting stronger!

* Um, yeah... just pretend I never wrote this entry. (Therein lies the problem with blogging for accountability.)

2 Comments:

Blogger anika said...

Stronger is definitely important ...

3:21 PM  
Blogger claire said...

you mean you can't eat like crap if you excercise?

poop.

i was hoping that was a viable option..

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home