Update, because I've been slacking.
You'd think that it being summer and all, I'd have way more time to post, but the fact of the matter is that I blog mostly to procrastinate, and when you don't have a job, there isn't much to put off. In fact, I am having a great summer.
I am moving in one week (skhdfkjbsoefhnslenc!!!!), and have so far bought (don't feel required to check all the links) bedding, livingroom seating, some kitchen essentials, silverware, glasses, cleaning supplies, and a mattress (bowm chicka bowm bowm). I have chosen my bedframe and will be telling the lovely man who sold me my mattress to add it to the order. Finding an entertainment unit for my nonexistant television that is both lovely AND functional AND cheap has proven to be nearly impossible. I'm not supposed to be moving in until Saturday, but I will be spending Friday waiting for my couch and chair to arrive, watching my nonexistant television whilst sitting on the furniture that's not there yet. If anyone would like to join me, I propose a pizza picnic on the floor and Cranium. Any takers?
*****
This weekend I went down the shore* with Alex. I had an awesome time, and it was nice to spend time with him just hanging out, not relying on activities for our fun.
*****
On Saturday I will be attending one of my best friend's engagement party. I am way excited and think it will be way fun, but um, am I supposed to get her something? I have heard that traditionally, an engagement party is for a couple to announce their engagement, and that no gifts are required nor should they be expected. However, there has been mention that if one is close to the bride or groom, a nice bottle of champagne or some kind of personal gift is appropriate. She is one of my best friends, I mean, I'm in the wedding and all, so I should get her something, right? But she doesn't drink, so champagne is out of the question, and my parents are getting her a gift certificate to a restaurant they like, so that's also out of the question, and I gave them a little housewarming gift and a homemade engagement card about a month ago. What do I do?
* I have heard rumor that the phrase "down the shore" is a strictly New Jersey saying. For those of you not skilled in Jerseyese, I went "to the beach."
I am moving in one week (skhdfkjbsoefhnslenc!!!!), and have so far bought (don't feel required to check all the links) bedding, livingroom seating, some kitchen essentials, silverware, glasses, cleaning supplies, and a mattress (bowm chicka bowm bowm). I have chosen my bedframe and will be telling the lovely man who sold me my mattress to add it to the order. Finding an entertainment unit for my nonexistant television that is both lovely AND functional AND cheap has proven to be nearly impossible. I'm not supposed to be moving in until Saturday, but I will be spending Friday waiting for my couch and chair to arrive, watching my nonexistant television whilst sitting on the furniture that's not there yet. If anyone would like to join me, I propose a pizza picnic on the floor and Cranium. Any takers?
*****
This weekend I went down the shore* with Alex. I had an awesome time, and it was nice to spend time with him just hanging out, not relying on activities for our fun.
*****
On Saturday I will be attending one of my best friend's engagement party. I am way excited and think it will be way fun, but um, am I supposed to get her something? I have heard that traditionally, an engagement party is for a couple to announce their engagement, and that no gifts are required nor should they be expected. However, there has been mention that if one is close to the bride or groom, a nice bottle of champagne or some kind of personal gift is appropriate. She is one of my best friends, I mean, I'm in the wedding and all, so I should get her something, right? But she doesn't drink, so champagne is out of the question, and my parents are getting her a gift certificate to a restaurant they like, so that's also out of the question, and I gave them a little housewarming gift and a homemade engagement card about a month ago. What do I do?
* I have heard rumor that the phrase "down the shore" is a strictly New Jersey saying. For those of you not skilled in Jerseyese, I went "to the beach."


5 Comments:
No, I've never heard 'down the shore' before. Now I feel multicultural.
Cute new things, Jess!
Because I also had no idea on the engagement gift...I was thinking maybe you could make a quick and little photo album for their wedding? Nothing hokey, or necessarily weddingish. And then you could take a couple of pages and make them pretty with your scrap book supply? Or if she doesn't have one already maybe a planner? Was it her or N who you bought the take-out menu organizer for?
I mean, you still have the wedding shower and then the wedding. And holy moly probably within 9 months of the wedding a baby shower and then baptism. And clearly they think you're made out of money. If you are, send some my way. ;)
Haha, you know why I'm a jerk? Because after I leave the comment I check the links and realize you bought the menu organizer for their housewarming, am an ass.
But yeah, planning stuff might be helpful.
vn jfiovgnjvkmd!! FUN!! i am so excited for you to move. sadly, i will have to miss the pizza-cranium party, but i will be there in spirit. :)
and i'm ALSO excited about your man. i think a picture would be appropriate- at least emailed.
jess, we are practically twins; we both have new digs and garcons. -sigh- life is good.
Anika - I will let you use my Slang Deck. THEN you will feel multicultural!
Christine - Thanks for the idea! We ended up getting them an 8x8 scrapbook and a bunch of embellishments having to do with engagement and love and celebration, and tropica stuff (their theme). They love it!
Janie - You will be sorely missed! Check your email!
Post a Comment
<< Home