Fun with myPod
Far be it from me to whine about an almost ideal situation, but...
My time spent reading on the beach a couple weeks ago was relaxing, but it seems that whenever I read in the sun, I wish for a better way. If I sit up, I worry about shadows creating book-shaped tan lines on my legs, and if I lay down, my arms get tired holding the book in the air. (Wah. Reading on the beach is too hard.)
This week, I came up with a solution. I borrowed a book on CD from my library, copied it onto my computer, and uploaded it to my iPod. I spent about an hour by the pool today testing it out, and I am proud to report that Woohoo! It is lovely to listen to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe* while laying in the sun.
In addition...!
I have been staring at the Couch-to-5k running program for about a month now. I open the site, try to pep talk myself into going for a run, and then make up some excuse not to (I just ate, it is raining, I don't feel like showering again). Recently, I ran across these podcasts, which set each week's routine to music, with a guy's voice telling you when each interval has ended. I love the idea, but I don't love the music. So... I created my own mix! I was able to string together songs with Audacity, and since I don't have a microphone to record my voice, I stuck in a bell chime sound effect at each interval and damn I am a nerd with too much time on my hands.
* Can you believe I have never read this??
My time spent reading on the beach a couple weeks ago was relaxing, but it seems that whenever I read in the sun, I wish for a better way. If I sit up, I worry about shadows creating book-shaped tan lines on my legs, and if I lay down, my arms get tired holding the book in the air. (Wah. Reading on the beach is too hard.)
This week, I came up with a solution. I borrowed a book on CD from my library, copied it onto my computer, and uploaded it to my iPod. I spent about an hour by the pool today testing it out, and I am proud to report that Woohoo! It is lovely to listen to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe* while laying in the sun.
In addition...!
I have been staring at the Couch-to-5k running program for about a month now. I open the site, try to pep talk myself into going for a run, and then make up some excuse not to (I just ate, it is raining, I don't feel like showering again). Recently, I ran across these podcasts, which set each week's routine to music, with a guy's voice telling you when each interval has ended. I love the idea, but I don't love the music. So... I created my own mix! I was able to string together songs with Audacity, and since I don't have a microphone to record my voice, I stuck in a bell chime sound effect at each interval and damn I am a nerd with too much time on my hands.
* Can you believe I have never read this??


2 Comments:
I'm waiting for the next installment of your blog. Where have you been? Are you on vacation?
--Your anonymous friend (who is not a stalker...really....)
You are brilliant! Double even! I like the iPod book plan AND the couch-podcast. Oops, did i forget the -to-5k part. Shoots. Well, still brilliant.
Post a Comment
<< Home