Monday, June 23, 2008

Seeking

So I finally sent my resumes out today, which is pretty bad considering my cover letters are dated June 8. I sent 56 of them. Plus I emailed everything to three schools. I have an interview at a really competitive district on Wednesday and am freaking out. I am still struggling to come up with a non-bullshit sounding answer for the inevitable question, "Why did you leave your former position?" I can't put the emphasis on the district's faults, but I can't put them on my own, either. And I feel that something generic like, "I am looking for a change," seems contrived and shady. Especially if I say that, and then they follow up the question with, "Did you resign or were you nonrenewed?" Then what? I can't lie. Grr. Suckage.

Anyway, tomorrow will be spent pouring more money into this job-seeking venture. Nails, brows, an outfit (last time I went through interviews, I weighed about 30 lbs less)... On top of the $60 I've spent on stationery and stamps, not having a job is costing me a lot.

P.S. Today I applied for unemployment.

*****

There was a dead chipmunk in the pool today. It was gross and I had to fish it out and throw in chemicals, and um, I threwitoverthefenceintotheneighbor'syardWhat?!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home