Phew
I worked up the courage today to go to my old building and ask the principal if it would be "unwise" of me to list him as a reference when I send out my resumes this weekend. I was particularly nervous, because as I was making the rounds when I first got there, he caught me in the hall and asked me suspiciously where the kids' report card files are, as if I spitefully deleted all student records from the computer when I left. I informed him that it should be on the server just like it has been since September, and that perhaps the new teacher is just unfamiliar with the systems. I kinda gave him a little attitude, so I was relieved when he told me that it would not be unwise to list him, and that he appreciates all I did for the district, and that he knows it was a tough year, and that he will even (if anyone asks) say that I left because I "wanted a change." How cool is that? Now I feel much more confidant about sending out all my stuff and being able to walk with my chin up into an interview.
Labels: Work


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home