Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In Which I Go On and On About Camis

Several years ago I bought 2 Gap Perfect Camis and an Old Navy Favorite Cami. They have truely been my perfect favorites since. However, due to their frequency of wear, they have become dingy, and I am going to blame their current snugness on the fact that they have been through so many washings, not that I have gained about 25lbs since I purchased them.

Anyway, it is time to replace them, and I am having an aweful time. Camis I find now tend to have straps that are too skinny to hide my bra, an attached shelf bra is redundant and disfiguring since I never go braless, and often times they are cut too low to help much when part of the reason I wear them is to keep The Girls off display at work.

I don't want something ribbed because that tends to look out of place under a dress shirt or sweater. I don't want something too close-fitting, because I rely on the extra layer to smooth my look a little. I don't want anything too short, because occasionally I need an extra inch or so under my shirt to cover up my gut.

Do you have any suggestions? Where can I get the perfect cami, even if it is not the Perfect Cami?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

H&M. They don't have camis per se, but if you want wider straps they have non-ribbed tanks in just about every color.

Also, and I didn't say this, you can get lucky at Forever 21 on occasion. The 2 camis I have are from there and I love them. They were $3 each.

Gap doesn't make them anymore? 'Sup with that?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh, I'll have to try the suggestion above because I need some camis now that you mention it too.

OH and also, late on your last update, but I'm so glad your brother is okay. When he's feeling better, bonk him on the head for me. Or really I'll come down to your mama's house and you'll be there and he'll be there (and your mom's mac and cheese will too) and I'll do it myself.

Miss you!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the camis at Ann Taylor Loft and at J. Jill. Actually, if you want no shelf bra, J.Jill is the way to go. Although...the strap problem may still be there.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home