And the Shit Just Keeps Piling On
I have been given a "courtesy call" to let me know I'll be receiving a letter of repremand for taking all my stuff, because it was "insensitive" to the children.
My response was that had I 3 days to think it over before the switch was made, I perhaps would have been able to make a more rational decision. However, in the shock and adrenaline of the situation, I felt like Flight With My Stuff had to be the survival technique I used.
And I still feel that taking away a teacher 8 months into the year is far more insensitive than me taking my stuff.
No matter.
Administrators have also been told that they are not to give me a positive recommendation or help me find a new job, or they will also receive letters of repremand from the sup't.
He wants me to bring back everything I took home with me so that he can "inspect" it and make sure I didn't steal anything that belonged to the school.
I am not a thief. I was very careful about what I took and what I left behind. Perhaps he didn't realize all of the hundreds of dollars I invested into making that classroom work. I am not bringing my belongings back. What I may do instead, look through the pile that now takes up a quarter of my garage floor, create an itemized list of where I purchased everything, and their costs.
Not that it's going to change things.
I do believe everything happens for a reason, but right now the only Reason I can see is that I am never supposed to get hired in another district again.
24 more days.
My response was that had I 3 days to think it over before the switch was made, I perhaps would have been able to make a more rational decision. However, in the shock and adrenaline of the situation, I felt like Flight With My Stuff had to be the survival technique I used.
And I still feel that taking away a teacher 8 months into the year is far more insensitive than me taking my stuff.
No matter.
Administrators have also been told that they are not to give me a positive recommendation or help me find a new job, or they will also receive letters of repremand from the sup't.
He wants me to bring back everything I took home with me so that he can "inspect" it and make sure I didn't steal anything that belonged to the school.
I am not a thief. I was very careful about what I took and what I left behind. Perhaps he didn't realize all of the hundreds of dollars I invested into making that classroom work. I am not bringing my belongings back. What I may do instead, look through the pile that now takes up a quarter of my garage floor, create an itemized list of where I purchased everything, and their costs.
Not that it's going to change things.
I do believe everything happens for a reason, but right now the only Reason I can see is that I am never supposed to get hired in another district again.
24 more days.
Labels: Work


3 Comments:
Oh.
Holy shit.
That's horrifying. I'm so sorry...
Lot of balls on these people being overtly harassing and accusing you of theft.
I'd have a lawyer involved at this point.
Yo Jess,
These people are beyond assholes. You are unionized right? I might recommend that you make a call. They might not do anything, but then again they just might. And the unions have lots of attorneys with plenty of free time on their hands. Otherwise, give me a call and I will find the hookup for your county.
Post a Comment
<< Home