Spring Break: Not the Typical Drunken Fiasco
I have wasted most of my spring break laying around watching things OnDemand because the shows that I usually watch are either in reruns or I'm all caught up. Celebrity Fit Club and John Adams are the two most recent additions to my List of Shame. Well, actually, I will put John on a different list, because that's not so shameful... but the fact that I have added any more "Celebreality" to my repertoire is frightening.
*****
Also today, I decided to take care of me. I've been looking atrocious, and so I decided to get my overgrown brows, chewed down fingernubs, and leather-bottomed feet taken care of. Let me tell you: Never underestimate the power of vanity to make such an improvement in the way you feel. My brows are now nice and tame, which somehow makes the huge zit on my cheek less obvious; my feet are nice and smooth (and if it were just slightly warmer out, I'd bust out my Box o' Flops, which I've been eyeballing every day since the First Day of Spring), and my toe and fingernails match in a bright, lovely shade of Tropical Punch. If only I hadn't spent all my money on this endeavor, I would treat myself to a night on the town.
*****
Alex has been bringing his lunch and dinner to work with him, and since I admire his money-saving attempts, I have been trying to cook real dinners more often so that he can bring the leftovers the following day. And by "trying," I mean I have done it once so far.
What kind of easy things do you cook that would reheat well the next day?
*****
Also today, I decided to take care of me. I've been looking atrocious, and so I decided to get my overgrown brows, chewed down fingernubs, and leather-bottomed feet taken care of. Let me tell you: Never underestimate the power of vanity to make such an improvement in the way you feel. My brows are now nice and tame, which somehow makes the huge zit on my cheek less obvious; my feet are nice and smooth (and if it were just slightly warmer out, I'd bust out my Box o' Flops, which I've been eyeballing every day since the First Day of Spring), and my toe and fingernails match in a bright, lovely shade of Tropical Punch. If only I hadn't spent all my money on this endeavor, I would treat myself to a night on the town.
*****
Alex has been bringing his lunch and dinner to work with him, and since I admire his money-saving attempts, I have been trying to cook real dinners more often so that he can bring the leftovers the following day. And by "trying," I mean I have done it once so far.
What kind of easy things do you cook that would reheat well the next day?


2 Comments:
"And by "trying," I mean I have done it once so far."
HAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah.... that's how i try to do things, too...
I love that color - i think i had that on last year. Nice! Good for you.
Most pasta will heat up well--I make mac n' cheese just so I can have it the second day. Also: soups--with the added bonus that you can crock-pot them and avoid "cooking."
Post a Comment
<< Home