Work Stuff. (grr)
Sometime before the school year started, I previewed my class and gave all the students blog names. However, there was one who I named TBD1, because I really didn't know enough about him to give him a alias.
I hearby pronounce him OverreactingKid.
Recently:
ChowDownKid: I don't want to color this.
Me: Sorry, that was the direction. You need to follow directions.
ChowDownKid: You're a big, fat meanie!
Me: (ignores comment)
OverreactingKid: (takes three deep breaths) She. is. not. fat. and. SHEISNOTMEEEAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!
Also, everything in me wants to pronounce TBD2 "Fucking Psycho," but I feel like that would be mean. He is a total antagonizer, doesn't listen to anyone, including the principal, and he smiles and laughs like a creepy serial killer while he's getting in trouble, or while another kid is crying because he has just insulted him. Hmm.
Also in the mix, one student I got a few weeks into the school year. Let's call him BaneOfMyExistanceKid, because he is horrible, and I am pretty sure he is a major contributing factor to the current chaos going on in my classroom right now. He has taught the kids the sarcastic, "Ooooh, like that really hurts me," when he is being given a consequence, or when other kids are being rewarded for ignoring his bad choices. Also, he has introduced TheFinger into my room, and so most of the day is spent hearing, "BOMEKid just gave me the finger!" and then looking at BOMEKid throwing himself onto the floor and crying in shock because he just can't believe tht someone would make up such lies about him!
And, introducing CopyCatKid. Only two weeks in my room so far, this child has managed to not only bring his own behaviors, but to copy the behaviors of every other student in the class. Because that's more fun than anything he is supposed to be doing, and who cares if he will get in trouble later? This is fun NOW!
Well. We are all downhill from here... less than 5 months to go...
I hearby pronounce him OverreactingKid.
Recently:
ChowDownKid: I don't want to color this.
Me: Sorry, that was the direction. You need to follow directions.
ChowDownKid: You're a big, fat meanie!
Me: (ignores comment)
OverreactingKid: (takes three deep breaths) She. is. not. fat. and. SHEISNOTMEEEAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!
Also, everything in me wants to pronounce TBD2 "Fucking Psycho," but I feel like that would be mean. He is a total antagonizer, doesn't listen to anyone, including the principal, and he smiles and laughs like a creepy serial killer while he's getting in trouble, or while another kid is crying because he has just insulted him. Hmm.
Also in the mix, one student I got a few weeks into the school year. Let's call him BaneOfMyExistanceKid, because he is horrible, and I am pretty sure he is a major contributing factor to the current chaos going on in my classroom right now. He has taught the kids the sarcastic, "Ooooh, like that really hurts me," when he is being given a consequence, or when other kids are being rewarded for ignoring his bad choices. Also, he has introduced TheFinger into my room, and so most of the day is spent hearing, "BOMEKid just gave me the finger!" and then looking at BOMEKid throwing himself onto the floor and crying in shock because he just can't believe tht someone would make up such lies about him!
And, introducing CopyCatKid. Only two weeks in my room so far, this child has managed to not only bring his own behaviors, but to copy the behaviors of every other student in the class. Because that's more fun than anything he is supposed to be doing, and who cares if he will get in trouble later? This is fun NOW!
Well. We are all downhill from here... less than 5 months to go...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home