Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Short of It

At my post-observation meeting yesterday, my VP said (and these are not his exact words, but rather, how it translated in my head), "If you are a teacher trying to get tenure, and you're going to the administration for help, the administration will just think, 'instead of giving her tenure, why don't we just hire someone else who already knows what to do?'"

So I guess I dug my own grave, in asking for help and all. This wasn't any kind of official meeting about next year, but I'm taking the hint and writing up my resume over spring break. I'm having my mom ask her own superintendent if it will look better to potential districts if I have resigned or if I am non-renewed, and also, how to answer the inevitable Interview Question, "Why did you decide to leave X City?"

Something tells me, "I am fucking burnt out from those kids and that district," wouldn't be appropriate.

I woke up this morning feeling all depressed, and decided that rather than sit around alone and mope all day, I'd go to my parents' house. My mom brought me coffee in my favorite Winnie the Pooh coffee cup, and my dad my dad came home from errand-running with what was perhaps the Sweetest Gesture Ever: sushi and a stuffed monkey.

I love living with Alex, but sometimes it is just so nice being Home.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

I wondered about that, too. What would happen during the interview process at another district? I'll ask my mother, too, maybe she'll have some insight as an elementary school teacher, and as someone who was on the interviewing committee multiple times.

And i hear you about being Home. That was sweet of your parents.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home