Sunday, March 02, 2008

What's Cooking

I don't like the first entry you see on my blog on a Monday morning to be all depressing. So I'm adding another, more upbeat entry. Look below for the depressing entry, because you won't find it up here, nosiree!

Because I've been stressed lately, and because there are a ton of things for me to procrastinate, I have been cooking. And no, not my usual bowl of ramen noodles, Lean Cuisine, or cheese quesadilla-- real food!

On Tuesday, I made chili. I searched the internets for a good recipe, and I found one that proved to be so good that Alex actually ate firsts, seconds, AND took the leftovers to work the next day!! This has never happened before in our entire year and a half together. Usually I cook something, he says it's good, and then when he's finished his first helping, he searches around the kitchen for something else to eat. Occasionally, he'll eat a second helping. Never does he eat leftovers.

He loved this chili so, that he even passed it off as his own creation to his coworkers. *Screetching halt noise* Yes. He made his coworkers try it, and then he said HE made it. I have not yet figured out an appropriate punishment for this, and so a shocked, "WHAT?! You're a jerk," is about all he got. I am letting it go because he liked it enough to pretend he made it, and so I guess that's a compliment.

Amazingly, I had two successful cooking experiences in one week. I also made a chicken pot pie from scratch. There was only one slight fumble along the way: I misjudged how shallow the pie plate was, and so when I poured the gravy over the filling, it overflowed everywhere. Next time I'll just mix up the filling with the gravy and spoon it all in at once. And let's look back at the words, "next time," because again, TheJerkBoy liked it enough for me to make it again!

Success!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

wow, there's a whole lot of stuff in that recipe. i don't have half of that stuff. I guess that's not for dinner TONIGHT. :)

I would take it as a compliment. AFTER i beat him up.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home