Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'm a Rambling Girl

I'm counting down to summer, not only because I'll be rid of my class, but also because Alex has agreed to bankroll me for the two months I'm not getting paid. So I will officially have two glorious months OFF. No part-time gigs with low pay and weird hours or nice pay but more kids and Icannotwait. Alex is lobbying for a Laundry Clause, wherein I do his laundry due to the fact that he is supporting me, but I think that since I do have some summer savings, and he will only be supplementing about 1/3 of my income, that perhaps I will only do 1/3 of his laundry. In fact, I think I will do the third that we both use, like towels and sheets, which I do now anyway. I swear, if I didn't wash them, we'd still be using the same dirty towels from the day we moved into this joint 11 months ago.

And speaking of moving in, something we never did when we planted ourselves here was Put Things Away in an Organized Manner. The garage has been so packed with stuff that it might as well be a storage locker. Imagine that commercial where the car pulls in to the perfectly carved out space in an overcrowded garage, except ours is worse because no car would fit.

So on Sunday, we got a-cleanin, and I am impressed with our progress. I of course went through about an hour when all I did was snap at Alex because cleaning puts me in the worst mood ever, and then he snaps back at me about "why are you yelling? this was YOUR idea!" and then I feel guilty and shuddup until I can see actual progress and become remotivated. Really, the high point of the day was crawling around in the attic space above the garage and discovering a couple of early 90s Playboy videos, but I also enjoyed actually being able to see the floor when we were done.

Sidenote: Does your boyfriend have scads of rediculous things that he refuses to throw away because he thinks his stuff is awesome? I'm talking really not-awesome stuff, like Bart Simpson dolls and naked girl rubix cubes and picture frame clocks that feature a photo of Ex Girlfriend and 8,297 novelty lighters... Just wondering.

I thought I'd be rambling about a lot more stuff, but it seems that I must be off to work now. It should be a decent day because I will be spending it out of my classroom, writing IEPs for next year. I wish I could get some kind of internet service aside from that supplied by my district, because I would SO bring my own laptop and spend the day wasting time. I guess that's why I can't.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

Oh my gosh! Yes! I understand where you are coming from about the junk. My secret strategy is to tuck things away in a different box for a year. If after the allotted time has expired, if the owner has not regularly lamented the absence of said junk, then it can be chucked without consequence to the chucker. Good luck.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home