Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've Been Told

I received that reprimanding letter yesterday. Parts of it were hurtful, and parts of it were inaccurate, and the majority of it was extremely hypocritical. My original post included the retyped letter along with my commentary negating each sentence. Then I got all scared that it would somehow be found, and that it would come back to bite me in the ass, just as everything this year has seemed to do, and I decided to just save it as a Draft and let it go. My union guy is going in today to see if he can A) Get them to let me submit a letter of reassignment to override my non-renewal, and B) Get the letter of reprimand out of my file. He's an inexperienced guy, and though I know he will do his best, I'm doubtful. Because of the way things were handled, I could go through the grievance process, and probably get my job back (which I don't want), but I don't really have a legal leg to stand on for those other two requests. Even the union guy was annoyed when I told him that I don't want to grieve this. He said I am setting a poor precedent for anyone who follows me in a similar situation who may want his or her job back. But I am going to let that person burn the path.

Yesterday I was feeling sad and depressed and angry and sorry for myself and hopeless about my future. Today I am just feeling a little sad, and like somehow there is a weight that has been lifted. I'm not sure what that weight is... I still don't know what the outcome of this afternoon's meeting will be, and so most likely I will still be leaving this district on their terms, not mine, and with libelous information in my file. But whatever...

28 days left in district
19 school days

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Not that I want to step on anyone's legal toes...maybe you can threaten them with the grievance and getting your job back as leverage to get at least the letter taken out of your file.

Because honestly, that seems like such a load of crap and just plain old spiteful of them to include that letter in your file. It's one thing to be let go and another thing entirely to treat it this way. I am so angry. Livid, even.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes. I heard about this from Teenie, and I hope you are okay and things have gotten better. BIG HUGS.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home