Day Off
Ahhhh... You may be wondering why I'm blogging at 8:30 a.m. on a Wednesday that does not happen to be any kind of federal holiday. Or you may not really give a shit, but whatever.
I am home because I have taken the first of my 2 remaining personal days to go to the spa. Yes! I am just that posh. Um, and also, I have a gift certificate. This is coming at just the right time-- as the name of the package says, a "perfect refresher:" nails, toes, facial, a "light lunch" and a hairdo. I went ahead and scheduled a cut, color, and brow-waxing while I'm at it, and will actually be in the salon for about 5 hours today. I am expecting to step out of the place looking quite glamorous. Or at least not like the mess I have been looking like.
*****
We didn't exactly stay on top of keeping the pool clean toward the end of last summer. I called way late for an appointment to get it closed, and by the time they came, the trees were already shedding. There was a leak somewhere in the pool, and I was tired of going out and filling it up every day in order to run the filter, and oh yeah, there was this little incident with a $900 water bill. In short, I was tired of the damn thing, and let it get all green and nasty before the cover even went on.
Fast forward to last week, when we spend days pumping the cover, only to learn that it had a rip, and as much water as went through the pump, most of it actually came from the pool. When we finally took the cover off, the pool was only about half full and the water was smelly and murky and we decided to just drain and clean the whole thing. That ended up taking days as well, due to a broken pump, and the fact that the leaves and goddamn brown spikey ball things and whirlybirds kept clogging up the lines.
It is finally empty now, and my dad is coming over after work today to finish cleaning it out. P.S. He is the one doing most of this work, and when I said we spent days working on this, I really mean he did. Any suggestions for thank-you gifts? We owe him a lot.
Anyway, I have several calls in to pool places to come out and give us estimates to repair the cement and paint the whole thing. I have a feeling that by the time all of this happens, we will be close to, if not into July. Thank goodness for our A/C... knockonwood.
I am home because I have taken the first of my 2 remaining personal days to go to the spa. Yes! I am just that posh. Um, and also, I have a gift certificate. This is coming at just the right time-- as the name of the package says, a "perfect refresher:" nails, toes, facial, a "light lunch" and a hairdo. I went ahead and scheduled a cut, color, and brow-waxing while I'm at it, and will actually be in the salon for about 5 hours today. I am expecting to step out of the place looking quite glamorous. Or at least not like the mess I have been looking like.
*****
We didn't exactly stay on top of keeping the pool clean toward the end of last summer. I called way late for an appointment to get it closed, and by the time they came, the trees were already shedding. There was a leak somewhere in the pool, and I was tired of going out and filling it up every day in order to run the filter, and oh yeah, there was this little incident with a $900 water bill. In short, I was tired of the damn thing, and let it get all green and nasty before the cover even went on.
Fast forward to last week, when we spend days pumping the cover, only to learn that it had a rip, and as much water as went through the pump, most of it actually came from the pool. When we finally took the cover off, the pool was only about half full and the water was smelly and murky and we decided to just drain and clean the whole thing. That ended up taking days as well, due to a broken pump, and the fact that the leaves and goddamn brown spikey ball things and whirlybirds kept clogging up the lines.
It is finally empty now, and my dad is coming over after work today to finish cleaning it out. P.S. He is the one doing most of this work, and when I said we spent days working on this, I really mean he did. Any suggestions for thank-you gifts? We owe him a lot.
Anyway, I have several calls in to pool places to come out and give us estimates to repair the cement and paint the whole thing. I have a feeling that by the time all of this happens, we will be close to, if not into July. Thank goodness for our A/C... knockonwood.


2 Comments:
UGH what a pain in the ass. There's reason number 3 bajillion why i don't think i should ever be a home-owner.
Is there a man-spa? Cause your dad could totally use a trip to the man-spa.
Have fun today; i think you're due for some.
I hope you had fun on your refresher day.
And for your dad, maybe something cooking/grilling related? I know he likes to cook...or golf? Maybe some sort of golfing day with the Boy?
Post a Comment
<< Home