Scrambled
I drank an entire bottle of wine last night, and though it wasn't too early when I passed out, my eyes sprung open around 6 this morning. I still felt exhausted, but my efforts to fall back asleep did not work. When Alex came down at 9 to leave for work and I complained about this fact, he said something along the lines of, "yeah well, you do have all day."
So I made an omlette. Or rather, I made scrambled eggs with scallions and ricotta cheese. I don't actually make omlettes because I just can't seem to make it work. They stick to the pan, the bottom gets crusty, the inside doesn't cook, and no matter how many Food Network stars I watch, I cannot duplicate. Anyway, I make awsome scrambled eggs.
In other news, Alex and I inadvertantly watched two Abigail Breslin movies in two nights-- No Reservations and then Definitely, Maybe. Both movies were kinda Eh, but you know... I suppose it was to be expected.
Sometimes I wonder if my mailman gets annoyed that there is a Netflix envelope for him to take from my mailbox almost every day. I did call the post office to see if there was a collection box within walking distance to my house, but there isn't! I always imagine him hitting his stride, his bag getting lighter and lighter as he makes all his deliveries, and then he steps up to our house and rolls his eyes when he realizes he has to add something to his bag. I'll leave him something nice around Christmas.
So I made an omlette. Or rather, I made scrambled eggs with scallions and ricotta cheese. I don't actually make omlettes because I just can't seem to make it work. They stick to the pan, the bottom gets crusty, the inside doesn't cook, and no matter how many Food Network stars I watch, I cannot duplicate. Anyway, I make awsome scrambled eggs.
In other news, Alex and I inadvertantly watched two Abigail Breslin movies in two nights-- No Reservations and then Definitely, Maybe. Both movies were kinda Eh, but you know... I suppose it was to be expected.
Sometimes I wonder if my mailman gets annoyed that there is a Netflix envelope for him to take from my mailbox almost every day. I did call the post office to see if there was a collection box within walking distance to my house, but there isn't! I always imagine him hitting his stride, his bag getting lighter and lighter as he makes all his deliveries, and then he steps up to our house and rolls his eyes when he realizes he has to add something to his bag. I'll leave him something nice around Christmas.


4 Comments:
You totally shouldn't worry about the mailman collecting mail. It's his job. Feh.
And i hear you on the omelet thing. I can't flip an omelet for the life of me.
First, you need to beat the eggs (and perhaps a bit of water or cream/milk) until they start to lighten in color.
Make sure the pan is adequately lubricated and turn the heat down.
It's ok to stir the eggs for the first few seconds, but after curds start to form you need to stop.
Fold and serve the omelet when it's just about completely set but still looks a little wet.
Remember if the eggs are done in the pan, they'll be overdone on the plate.
Good luck!!
What D. said on the eggs. Although if you over cook your eggs you can always feed them to Coconut (or Tony - he'll eat just about anything.)
Also, adding to your non-blog share confession, totally go for it if start up is minimal. I mean, at least for the next month and a half, what do you have to lose? Also email me and tell me what it is! If possible, and it is something I can give some time to, let me know.
Claire - I know, right! I think it's because I need to go out and buy a special Omlette Pan!
Dino - This sounds suspiciously Alton...
Christine - Coconut LOVES my busted up omlettes!
Post a Comment
<< Home