Interview 1
I had my first (hopefully not last) interview today. Actually, as I was on my way out the door, another district called to "pre-screen" me for their official first round of interviews. The second the guy started asking me about my past and my reasons for leaving Past District, I got all nervous and my voice started shaking. After his call, I tried to think of a good answer for the Actual Interview I was on my way to, but I still think I fell short on that one. Other questions I think had suck-ass answers:
- What do you consider your biggest triumph and your worst failure?
- What was one of the suggestions on a recent evaluation?
- What would you have done differently at your past job?
- What do you know about APA? (At least this one is easily researched.)
Because I no longer want to dwell on these questions (today, anyway), I am going to tell you about my appearance... because I looked fabulous. I can't find the links to anything I wore, so you'll have to use your imagination.
- Dress: Navy blue faux-wrap. Cotton fabric textured with tiny navy dots. Wore with a white cami, but when I am not trying to get a job, it shows just the right amount of a little too much cleavage.
- Shoes: Red leather heals with a rounded toe and a skinny red leather bow. If they were a little higher, they'd be sort of pin-up style.
- Accessories: the usual little diamond necklace from Alex, but also a chunky wooden bracelet, bright yellow with painted red flowers. (I had to add another color so I didn't look like I was trying to be red, white and blue.)
- Bag: Light brown leather clutch.
- Etc.: Nails were OPI Sweetheart (a sensible pale pink), and even my hair came out great thanks to the low humidity and my new dryer.
I almost wish employers gave positions based on appearence, because I know I looked hotter than the chick who walked out as I crossed the parking lot to go in.


7 Comments:
Jess, we should talk! I coach people on how to interview pretty often. Even though it's usually in the context of lawyer jobs, a lot of it applies to you, too.
I'm happy to help!
Also, it does sound lik eyou were totally hot.
Jess can I steal your outfit? Or at least tell me where to buy the shoes! Alas, dearest, all my interviews involve boring suits. Usually black. Always black at least for the first interviews. Lawyers are serious.
Also, dude, I get to see you on Saturday! I need to figure out what to bring!
Lara - thanks for the offer! I will email you about it!
Chris - Why thank you! I felt like a What Not to Wear "After," as I am corny enough to actually have kept "the Rules" in mind as I shopped. I got the shoes at that ghetto store The Shoe Dept. at the mall. They are Steve Madden, but I couldn't find them anywhere online to link. The dress is Ann Taylor LOFT. I bought it in April, but saw that they still had some in the store when I was there this week. However, also not online.
Also, dude, yay! Bring whatever - check the evite to see what not to bring.
In reference to the APA question...are you sure they didn't say ABA...Applied Behavioral Analysis? (This is something that is used for children with Autism.) Just trying to help with your research.
--An anonymous friend
Anon - Nope, he said APA, which stands for Alternate Proficiency Assessment. It is used for students whose disabilities prevent them from being able to take the NJASK. I only know it involves putting some kind of portfolio together! Thanks for the suggestion, though!
That sounds like the cutest outfit! How I love red shoes! (And red toenails)
I think you def have the job!
Anika (!!) - Where have you been?!?
Post a Comment
<< Home