Seven and Counting
I had another interview on Wednesday. It was just a temporary position, from September to December, but the school is 10 minutes from my house, and the age group and position were ideal, and who knows what kind of doors a long-term sub job might open up.
The interview itself wasn't terrible, but they kept asking me about programs I don't have any experience with. And the weirdest thing that happened was that they made me write an essay! Say whaaa? They literally interviewed me and then stuck me at a desk in the teacher's lounge and asked me to write an essay about the importance of effective parent-teacher communication in an elementary school. It said "Writing Sample" at the top, and I felt like I was back in high school. And if that wasn't awkward enough, there was a huge clap of thunder and the power went out and I was sitting in a pitch black room with no windows and two more sentences to write. I looked around wide-eyed, but obviously that didn't help anything. Within 20 seconds, the generator and flood lights went on, I finished up and hightailed it out of there. Then, I got stuck at the enterance of the building because I was afraid to walk to my car though the torrential downpour (is that redundant?) for fear of getting hit by lightening. The principal who had just interviewed me kept passing by and saying, "stay as long as you like!" And I was tempted to say, "Well I'd like to stay through December..." But I settled for my nervous, "Thanks. Huh huh."
The interview itself wasn't terrible, but they kept asking me about programs I don't have any experience with. And the weirdest thing that happened was that they made me write an essay! Say whaaa? They literally interviewed me and then stuck me at a desk in the teacher's lounge and asked me to write an essay about the importance of effective parent-teacher communication in an elementary school. It said "Writing Sample" at the top, and I felt like I was back in high school. And if that wasn't awkward enough, there was a huge clap of thunder and the power went out and I was sitting in a pitch black room with no windows and two more sentences to write. I looked around wide-eyed, but obviously that didn't help anything. Within 20 seconds, the generator and flood lights went on, I finished up and hightailed it out of there. Then, I got stuck at the enterance of the building because I was afraid to walk to my car though the torrential downpour (is that redundant?) for fear of getting hit by lightening. The principal who had just interviewed me kept passing by and saying, "stay as long as you like!" And I was tempted to say, "Well I'd like to stay through December..." But I settled for my nervous, "Thanks. Huh huh."
Labels: Work


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home