Laundry Day
Today was spent doing load after load of laundry. There were actually sweaters at the bottom of that pile! It has probably been about 2 months since I have worn a sweater, so that just tells you how long it's been since I have washed clothes. Or rather, it tells you how long it has been since I washed ALL my clothes, because there have been a couple of underwear and t-shirt loads in there. No joke.
Alex keeps trying to get me to wash his clothes, and except for throwing in a couple of his t-shirts that make their way over to my side of the closet, I have refrained. I already do most of everything around the house, and I am afraid that if I do his laundry even once, I will be doing it for the rest of my life. His suggestion today was that if I catch him up on his laundry (his pile is even bigger than mine was), "we can just throw all our laundry into one hamper and we'd only have to do like one or two loads a week!" Um, "we?" I doubt that was a Royal We, but rather he meant to say "you." So no. I will not do his laundry.
In addition to washing clothes, I also did some purging. I threw out 20 pairs of shoes (14 flip-flops, 3 sneakers, 3 dress flats) and a bunch of clothes. I plan on digging even deeper, into my 2 under-bed boxes of "skinny clothes" (if you consider a size 12 skinny) and just getting rid of all of it. If I lose enough weight to get back into those clothes, I think I actually deserve to get new clothes. Also, um, I wore those clothes like 4 years ago. At this point, they probably aren't all that. If I gain any more weight, I deserve the punishment of spending money on even bigger sizes. So there, Self! HowdoyalikeTHAT! I do.
Alex keeps trying to get me to wash his clothes, and except for throwing in a couple of his t-shirts that make their way over to my side of the closet, I have refrained. I already do most of everything around the house, and I am afraid that if I do his laundry even once, I will be doing it for the rest of my life. His suggestion today was that if I catch him up on his laundry (his pile is even bigger than mine was), "we can just throw all our laundry into one hamper and we'd only have to do like one or two loads a week!" Um, "we?" I doubt that was a Royal We, but rather he meant to say "you." So no. I will not do his laundry.
In addition to washing clothes, I also did some purging. I threw out 20 pairs of shoes (14 flip-flops, 3 sneakers, 3 dress flats) and a bunch of clothes. I plan on digging even deeper, into my 2 under-bed boxes of "skinny clothes" (if you consider a size 12 skinny) and just getting rid of all of it. If I lose enough weight to get back into those clothes, I think I actually deserve to get new clothes. Also, um, I wore those clothes like 4 years ago. At this point, they probably aren't all that. If I gain any more weight, I deserve the punishment of spending money on even bigger sizes. So there, Self! HowdoyalikeTHAT! I do.
Labels: Clothes, Organization


3 Comments:
wow good for you for not doing his laundry. that wouldn't have even occurred to me. once me moved in together, we had communal laundry baskets that all the dirty clothes went into and that was that.
and yes, i do consider size 12 skinny clothes. i'm still 1 or 2 sizes above that, depending on the brand.
*sigh*
If you find anything still worth wearing in your "skinny clothes" share with me!
And dude, I think Tony has done like five loads of laundry since we moved in together. But it's okay because otherwise I would not be able to deal with the amount of dirty clothes that would live in the bathroom. When I first met him his laundry pile was both smelly and up to my armpits. He always wants to take his clothes to one of those, by the pound cleaners, but my thriftiness won't let him. And, man, I am rambly.
My dear husband does all the laundry at home. However, i have to sort it all (both of ours), bring it to the laundry room where he magnanimously starts the machine and adds the soap and fabric softener. He even goes so far as to move the clothes from washer to dryer and the deposit the finished product on our bed, where IIIIII have to fold/hang all the clothes and put them away. That is his idea of "doing the laundry" for me. Hahaha.
Also, size 12 is scrawny (like circa 9th grade haha). And i am not strong enough to ditch my skinny clothes yet!
Post a Comment
<< Home