Clapping makes my hands itch...
...so I will give a very enthusiastic Chicken Dance to the production of Lion King that Maggie and I saw at the Philadelphia Academy of Music on Friday night. The costumes and scenery and lighting were so amazing, and the actors made me forget they weren't actually, um, cartoon animals. Definitely go see it if it comes to your area!
This weekend was fun because:
* North Jersey, that is.
** black walls, pictures of pin-up girls everywhere, and a pianist playing sing-along music by the likes of Billy Joel and John Mellencamp, which people do sing along to
*** Failure to Launch
This weekend was fun because:
- I had a visit from a northerner*
- I got to see a "Broadway" show
- I went to Jolly's Piano Bar** on 17th & Walnut, which I've been wanting to check out
- I ate all of my meals out
- I got to cuddle and watch a movie*** with Alex
* North Jersey, that is.
** black walls, pictures of pin-up girls everywhere, and a pianist playing sing-along music by the likes of Billy Joel and John Mellencamp, which people do sing along to
*** Failure to Launch


4 Comments:
aw, sounds like a very fun weekend.
I had suggested to the boy a cuddle while watching Failure to Launch when it first came out. He put me off until i forgot about the movie entirely (in a 'Sure, Honey. We'll go see that movie' kind of way). I think he planned it.
...guess who's going to be watching a chick-flick tonight? muuahahahahahaha..
does clapping really make your hands itch? weirdo.
love ya!
Claire - Mwahahahaa... actually, MyBoy liked it, so yours might too?
Christine - Yeah... it really does...
yay for fun weekends!
itching hands are better than itching ears, but you're wise to stay away from the itching altogether.
as an alternate to the chicken dance, i would suggest the bravo! hand signal. (i don't know what it's actually called, but you know-- where you fold your hands together and then hold them to one side, in front of your shoulder and shake it twice, then switch to the other side and repeat...)
Post a Comment
<< Home