Plusses
I thought I would really miss my family when I moved out... and sometimes I do get a little lonely. But you know what was nice? After eating dinner at my parents' house Sunday night, I got to leave. I hope that doesn't sound mean-- I do love my family and spending time with them. But just when it got to the point where I'd normally just go into my little bedroom and hibernate for a few hours, I got to get in my little Civic and drive to an entire apartment that is just my own.

- Where I walk around naked sometimes (WITH the blinds closed!)
- Where I fuss with the tissue box to make sure the seam is in the back
- Where I fluff the pillows on the furniture I bought with my own money
- Where I eat cereal with low fat Coffeemate because milk goes sour too quickly
- Where I get 11pm booty calls with no shame (because, hey, he's my boyfriend)
- Where I still have not unpacked my bedroom
- Where I say, mostly to myself, "Sorry, Lady Downstairs," when I drop something heavy
- Where I think of things I'd like to do to spiffy up the place (new obession: strips on which to hang my pots and pans, a' la Beth & Merideth's kitchen- A trip to IKEA had me thinking about it already, but that pic sealed the deal.)
- Where I hang a list on the fridge of things for Dad to help me with next time he comes over (ex: mount coffee pot under cabinets, hang shelving for S&P shaker collection)
- Where I call Mom at least once a day to ask a question about something



7 Comments:
VERY cute place, it looks great Jessica!
And COFFEEMATE?! Ohmygosh your amazingness surprises me sometimes, I LOVE coffeemate. Yum.
Look at your darling, darling apartment.
Darling.
The place is coming together so so nicely. Anth and I thought about buying some sort of rack for our pots and pans, because that would open up some much needed storage space, but alas, then we would also need to buy nicer pans...because ours now -- ugly and mismatched.
Beth - I checked out flickr and I COVET your house, especially your yard.
what an adorable place you have! is so cute and homey and modern looking. i love it and am totally jealous.
JEALOUS!!
and i saw her pan hooks, too and thought how nice that would be if i didn't have dog hair blowing about the place on a constant basis. boo to dog hair.
Cute!! Can't wait to visit it in person!
Anika - Thanks! And Coffeemate also works devinely in mashed potatoes...
Beth - I know! Look at it!
Christine - Yeah, I didn't have any pots and pans to start with, so mine are all shiney new...
Claire - I'll keep that in mind when I start considering pets!
Meg - I can't wait either!
Lovely! Lovely! Lots of space for me to come and crash. ;)
It really is beautiful, Jess. I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home