Run, Forest, Run!!
What is it with old guys and running? Seriously. Because it seems that now that the weather is nice, I keep seeing these old guys trudging down the road, faces beet red, not actually jogging at a speed any faster than a summer's day stroll. It just further backs up my notion that men are idiots... and apparently it doesn't get better with age.
You know, out-of-shape or older women decide on a whim that they want to get in shape, and what do they do? They find a girlfriend to walk with, they join Curves, they buy Sweatin' to the Oldies. They do not assume that they will be able to wake up one day and run 5 miles because they used to run 15 miles to school uphill in the snow when they were twelve. They do not think that coming within inches of a heart attack once in awhile will do the trick.
My dad is almost one of these men, but not quite. You will never catch him running, because he thinks he gets enough exercise to support a healthy lifestyle by walking on the golf course every other weekend. Because, you know, he sweats. Mind you, he sweats because it's hot out, not necessarily because he's really walking fast enough to get his heard rate up. And I'm not making this up either. He came home and weighed himself last weekend.
I just don't get why men don't know how to stay healthy. And I also wish I was a man in that respect. Because the less you know how to be healthy, the more you can enjoy life. Men don't feel guilty every time they eat a pice of chocolate or drink a beer. They don't think to themselves, man I'm going to have to do an extra hour at the gym because of this hot fudge sundae. No, they think, let me eat whatever I want until I go to the doctor and he tells me I have high cholesterol, then I'll just go "running" once or twice, and we'll call it even. If only that were true. But I guess men just have it all figured out: Ignorance is bliss.
You know, out-of-shape or older women decide on a whim that they want to get in shape, and what do they do? They find a girlfriend to walk with, they join Curves, they buy Sweatin' to the Oldies. They do not assume that they will be able to wake up one day and run 5 miles because they used to run 15 miles to school uphill in the snow when they were twelve. They do not think that coming within inches of a heart attack once in awhile will do the trick.
My dad is almost one of these men, but not quite. You will never catch him running, because he thinks he gets enough exercise to support a healthy lifestyle by walking on the golf course every other weekend. Because, you know, he sweats. Mind you, he sweats because it's hot out, not necessarily because he's really walking fast enough to get his heard rate up. And I'm not making this up either. He came home and weighed himself last weekend.
I just don't get why men don't know how to stay healthy. And I also wish I was a man in that respect. Because the less you know how to be healthy, the more you can enjoy life. Men don't feel guilty every time they eat a pice of chocolate or drink a beer. They don't think to themselves, man I'm going to have to do an extra hour at the gym because of this hot fudge sundae. No, they think, let me eat whatever I want until I go to the doctor and he tells me I have high cholesterol, then I'll just go "running" once or twice, and we'll call it even. If only that were true. But I guess men just have it all figured out: Ignorance is bliss.


2 Comments:
Woman! when are you going to update? You're killing me...work is so so dull.
Woman! when are you going to update? You're killing me...work is so so dull.
Post a Comment
<< Home