Sunday, June 19, 2005

That is that and this is this...

Okay, so nothing "crazy" happened yesterday, but Christine is bugging me for updates to keep her amused at work, and all in all, I did have a pretty great day.

Wanna talk about it? Here it goes. (Said like the beginning of that En Vogue song "Free Your Mind")

Saturday happened to be my very last day of having to drive to McGuire for classes ever, which was very, very exciting. The next time I go there, it will be for graduation in August, and let me tell you... PHEW!! We popped a couple bottles of champagne to celebrate our last class, and as they went around asking everyone if they wanted sweet or dry, I said, "Eh, just give me one of each," further giving them reason to speculate that I am the alcoholic of the bunch.

So we get out a little early, which was kick ass because that gave me time to get home and primp, since usually I look like complete shit on Saturday classes because I resent having to wake up at 6 o'clock on a day when I have work. I'm getting back at The Man by refusing to shower. Yeah.

So after said primping, guess where I went? The Electric Factory for the Modest Mouse concert with Christine. It was good times! They put on a really good show, even though I only knew like 3 of the songs. And when I say "knew," I mean "knew the chorus", because it takes me a good long time to learn lyrics of songs, and I haven't listened to them enough. And you know who else put on a good show? All the drunk people around us, falling on the floor, and all the drunk guys throwing their arms around each other, giving each other high fives left and right, up and down, and alllllll around. And it was funny to watch them dancing too, because they only move to the hard beat of the song, so they really reminded me of those weird bird things that people put near a glass of water and they dip on an axle thingy. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about, so just picture a bunch of boys bending hardly at the waste to a beat and thinking they are dancing and then thinking about how WELL they are dancing so turning to their buddies to give them all high fives, and then thinking about how happy they are to be there, listening to Modest Mouse, dancing, and giving high fives to their buddies, and so then giving them more high fives... and so on...

And there is some good news: I did not see the "ex" who is actually not an ex but who I call that because it's my longest relationship of a big 3 months, and it's easier than going into the whole, "guy I used to date..." thing... which I just did anyway, so nevermind. I was just nervous I'd see him because he likes that band, and the EF is kind of a small venue. But all was good.

And guess who made a repeat performance in our lives on the train? That's right, the cop who left us with
TheDrunkard. We'll have to take that train home more often. He's hot.

So anyway, back in the concert part, I was a little buzzed (surprise!!!) and I had not eaten dinner, and I realize that I am starving, and I turn to Christine and say, "You know, I really want to go to a delicious restaurant." And Christine is all "Bwaahahahaaa!! You mean the diner?" And it was weird, because that is what I meant... Who refers to the diner as "a delicious restaurant"? Apparently I do. So we made plans to go after the concert, but I was way too tired (having gotten up at 6am... Damn The Man!!) and opted out. Home it was, and I had a nice long sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home