Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Short Entry for Christine

(So she doesn't feel alone in wedding-planning madness.)

Wedding planning is finally under way. And by "under way," I mean we have one appointment at one potential venue next week. And this potential venue is potentially out of our budget, unless we keep our guest list to about 50. Which, honestly, is all we really have in terms of close friends and family, so it IS doable.

We decided to get hitched in January. Both of us had always imagined a spring or summer wedding, but decided that time of year is less important than my brother being there. Plus, Alex continues to worry that I will suddenly change my mind, so for him: the sooner the better.

So... that leaves us about 6 months to plan a wedding. Which is plenty of time, really. But given my tendency to procrastinate (and also fight with my mom when she tries to get me back on track), this could get hairy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

Wow. Good for you. I have nothing planned. Nothing whatsoever. Not even an appointment to have something planned. I suck. January can be pretty! With snowy, wintery things. Pretty! I think it's great that you're going to have your brother there. That would be really important to me, too.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

YAY! Six months is basically what we gave ourselves too. For the record, I found a dress and I found it used. So if you find a dress that you think is out of budget, you should totally google it afterwards to see if someone is selling it used. Also, check out preownedweddingdresses.com they have some really nice things.

But more than that, YAY! I'm glad you're going for the earlier date. And if you need anything, let me know. I think we're down to only needing to book a DJ still, bridal accessories, groom's outfit and finalizing invites.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home