You're My Friends, Too
Has it really been since January 3 since I last posted? I am surprised Blogger didn't just up and delete my account, figuring I'd never be back. Holy crap.
Anyway, those of you who are my "friend" on facebook may or may not have (may not have being more likely, because I doubt anyone is wasting time thinking about this) noticed, January is about the time I jumped on the FB wagon and became a poster of tidbits. What am I doing now? How do I feel about the weather? What kind of day did I have? What am I eating for dinner? All of my life wrapped up into neat little one-liners.
This has been good for me. Work has been so hectic, it is a rare day that I can come home and compose more than one sentence at a time. And even though it is hectic, I still love it... So the need to vent isn't really there. And then there's the stability of my relationship. And so before I loved my job and had a stable relationship, my blog was about my ridiculous job and my adventures in dating and then there was the filler stuff about my dogs and my occasional forays into the kitchen. But that filler stuff does not an interesting blog make.
Or does it? Or do I really care? I don't know. I suppose if I have trouble coming up with coherent paragraphs (which, clearly, I have having trouble with right now), I can write single line snippets about things I already posted on facebook, like
Anyway, those of you who are my "friend" on facebook may or may not have (may not have being more likely, because I doubt anyone is wasting time thinking about this) noticed, January is about the time I jumped on the FB wagon and became a poster of tidbits. What am I doing now? How do I feel about the weather? What kind of day did I have? What am I eating for dinner? All of my life wrapped up into neat little one-liners.
This has been good for me. Work has been so hectic, it is a rare day that I can come home and compose more than one sentence at a time. And even though it is hectic, I still love it... So the need to vent isn't really there. And then there's the stability of my relationship. And so before I loved my job and had a stable relationship, my blog was about my ridiculous job and my adventures in dating and then there was the filler stuff about my dogs and my occasional forays into the kitchen. But that filler stuff does not an interesting blog make.
Or does it? Or do I really care? I don't know. I suppose if I have trouble coming up with coherent paragraphs (which, clearly, I have having trouble with right now), I can write single line snippets about things I already posted on facebook, like
- I am engaged.
- Coconut has pink eye. She is on a 10 day, 3 times per day regimen of eye drops and ointments. Poor baby keeps rubbing her face up against the couch. I hope I don't get it.
- My dad taught me how to change an electrical outlet last week and then I practiced by changing about 10 of them at my grandma's shore house.
- I watched the season finale of Idol while drinking wine and eating frozen pizza. Good times.
Or things that I don't really want to write on Facebook, like
- I wonder how to get my dogs to stop eating their own shit without following them around and scooping up after them, because they don't just leave it alone until I can clean it up on the weekend. I've tried sprinkling it with cayenne pepper, thinking that if they tasted a couple turds that were too spicy, they'd think ALL turds were spicy and thus undelicious. Following them around for a few days sprinkling cayenne on all the poop would be easier than following them around FOREVER cleaning up all the poop. It didn't work-- they think cayenne-covered shit is just as tasty as plain. Anyway, something's gotta be done. It's not making them sick, but it sure as hell makes me sick when they belch ass-smell into my face.
- I've been doing Weight Watchers since February and have lost 16 lbs, which is great and all... better than nothing, better than gaining, weight stays off longer when it comes off slower, blah blah blah blah. It's taking too long and I know it's my own fault for being so lax about it and not exercising, and still the fact that I am paying for it every month makes me feel like I should be losing weight anyway, without really trying. It's not working that way, obv, and I'm getting frustrated. My plan is to join Curves come summer. I know it's not a REAL gym, but it's something. I don't have to mess around with weights. I can't use weather as an excuse. It's a full body workout. Fast. Easy. SOMETHING. Better than nothing, see?
- I don't want to plan my wedding. I want to be married. But the wedding planning? Blech. And it's not that I don't care what my wedding is like. I do... I just don't want to be the one to make it that way. Also, I wanted to have it sometime within the next year, but my brother is being deployed in February for 6 months, so unless we hurry up and do it in January, I have to wait until at least September of 2010. That's a long-ass time away, and the whole thing just makes me mad. It makes me mad at my stupid brother for joining the guard just to get the signing bonus, and then it makes me feel guilty because if something were to happen to him over there, really, my wedding would be irrelevant, and on top of it all, it makes me feel like I'm being some kind of ridiculous bridezilla whiner for being annoyed that I can't have my wedding exactly when I had initially planned. In short, I become a grump whenever people ask me IF I'VE SET A FUCKING DATE YET NO I HAVE NOT!!!! See? Grumpy.
And, A-HA! Apparently I still have some rant left in me. The Frizz Chronicles can survive after all!


2 Comments:
I don't want to plan my wedding either. I just don't care yet. Which kind of sucks because i know that this summer would be the perfect time to get it all done - or at least the important preliminary stuff, like PICKING A PLACE but i just don't care right now. I've picked Oct 2010 because it IS so darned far away.
I am a procrastinator through and through.
Yay! I missed you on here. Please whine about your wedding here. It makes planning mine seem more bearable.
Post a Comment
<< Home