Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sickly

Poor little Marley has a parasite. I only just found out yesterday because Alex forgot to bring a stool sample with him when he took her to the vet weeks ago, and then I forgot again until Thursday. I feel sooo guilty that: #1 She has probably been feeling starved since the day we got her, #2 She has also probably been feeling parched, as I was putting up her water between meals (she was drinking rediculous amonts and it was making it hard to house-train her); Now I know that the giardia can cause dehydration.

About a week ago, I noticed that the hair on her face is looking sparse, and more recently I noticed small patches missing from her body. When I went to the vet's office to pick up the meds yesterday, I explained what I saw and asked if it could have to do with the parasite. The lady behind the desk said no, but what do you think? If hair-loss can be caused by lack of nutrients, and a parasite can cause lack of nutrients... wouldn't the two be connected? Actually, I just found a website that said asymmetrical hair loss can be caused by parasites, so pft: Take That, Vet Office Lady.
Anyway, I am hoping that once the meds start to work, her hair will grow back (so I can be right) and she will start to gain some weight (so I won't feel like I'm playing some kind of Flintstone's bony xylaphone every time I pet her stomach).

P.S. on the Vet's Office... When I made her next appointment, I made a request for the vet I wanted. The office lady was not surprised-- apparently "younger clients just don't get Dr. Bitchyvet... but most of the older clients like her a lot." I don't know what that says about her... Maybe we younger pet owners are too sensitive about our pets? Who knows.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Marley. Dingo Girl had parasites when we first got her. It definitely made housetraining more difficult.

If her stomach can take it, you might want to try introducing doggie vitamins in her diet. Email me and I'll tell you what I've been using. Dingo Girl had some bare spots due to allergies and the vitamins have helped with the allergies and also with the hair growing back in.

I'm glad you got an appointment with the vet you wanted. If you are more comfortable with her, I'm sure Marley will be as well. Good vets are hard to find, aren't they?

7:15 PM  
Blogger lucas martin said...

http://calculator.pro
Online Calculator
Calculator is an indispensable tool for a businessman, financier, family man and even a schoolboy. Quickly, clearly and securely online calculator allows you to perform all the standard mathematical operations such as division, subtraction, addition or multiplication, as well as operations with decimal fractions.

7:41 PM  
Blogger lucas martin said...

http://www.soundimagedjs.com/
Sacramento Wedding DJ
Sacramento Wedding DJ services specializing in Sacramento weddings
Sacramento Wedding DJ



http://www.soundimagedjs.com/weddings.html
Sacramento DJ
Sacramento Wedding DJ services specializing in Sacramento weddings
Sacramento DJ



http://www.soundimagedjs.com/sacramento-wedding-dj.html
Sacramento Wedding DJ entertainment
Sacramento Wedding DJ services specializing in Sacramento weddings
Sacramento Wedding DJ entertainment

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home