Wednesday, October 05, 2005

And We All Fall Down

Well, just me, really.

I thought my clumsiness left me when I graduated college and my ankles stopped turning on me all the time and people didn't look at me standing one second, turn their heads, and then turn around to find me sitting on the floor. I was couting on Christine for good stories like that.

So the janitor washes the floor in my classroom yesterday afternoon while I am staying late and working in the carpeted part of the room. I finish up what I was doing, and decided it was time to leave. At this point, I pick up my purse, my teacher bag, my roll of laminated calendar pieces to cut out, and my lunchbag, start to walk toward the door and...

BANG!!!

That's the sound of me falling. And "Are you okay?!" is the sound of the one person left in the building (besides me and the janitor) who happened to be walking past my room right at that moment.

Yeah. I was okay. Just a little embarrassed. I'd call it Breezy Elegance if that weren't K's phrase.

So anyway, here is the bruise to show that it really happened:



And a picture of my whole leg to put it in size perspective:



Don't mind the unfinished toenails* and the scarred up knee.** You're supposed to be looking at the bruise.

* I started getting my nails done, and therefore cannot use nail polish remover at risk of dissolving my acrylic. And I know about non-acetone but am too lazy and forgetful to go buy it.

** I was a soccer goalie for many years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Ouch Jess, that really sucks. Looks like you'll have to stick with pants and below-the-knee skirts for a while!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

that is a very sad story. i think my knee is having sympathy pains for yours. i hope it gets better super-duper quick.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it all makes sense, right? If you switch from falling twice a week to once every four years it's needs to be a pretty nasty fall. Nice battle scars though. You should work on cool stories to tell your bruise admirers. I like the ones that make you sound like a badass... mountainbike fall, motorcycle accident, wild kinky sex...

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home